First time on the dyno...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4gasem what was your air fuel ratio with your holeshot exhaust and walkers stage 1 kit? was it to rich?

Just slightly... The 152.5's would have been perfect! I think I am right around 300ftASL

I spaced the needles out one which they are still at and the idle screws to 4 turns.

Chris

I think that when they put the new jets in mine, they also changed out the air jets. I wonder if I still have the old air jets.....that could easily explain why the dude kept telling me that it was sucking too much air.

Yeah sounds like they went over board on it... Just the mains and the correctors and then the needles may need spaced up one or two depending. I stuck the shorter springs in but didn't drill the holes.

Chris

Can anyone tell me what all came in Sean's jet kit? I'm pretty sure there were new air jets (is it PAJ2?) in his kit, but I don't remember if they were bigger than the stock ones or not. If they were bigger than stock, should I have kept the stock air jets in? I'm hoping to tackle this problem on Saturday, and I don't want to change the jets out to 152.5's only to find out that my air jets needed to be returned back to stock (which I don't have)

IIRC, Sean's kit came with bigger airjets(the ones under the slide diaphram i belive). I did not use them when installing my kit. I did have Sean on the phone during alot of the install(thanks Sean!) and he said that i would'nt need them. I've jetted many a bike, but none where like these carbs!

Sean's kit comes with 177.5s for the PAJ2. (The ones behind the slides.) Stock size is 170. I didn't change them.

Dale #2592

IIRC, Sean's kit came with bigger airjets(the ones under the slide diaphram i belive). I did not use them when installing my kit. I did have Sean on the phone during alot of the install(thanks Sean!) and he said that i would'nt need them. I've jetted many a bike, but none where like these carbs!

Well shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Thanks for the info. I have to find someone with some stockl PAJ2 jets that they would be willing to part with so I can change those back out.

And.....figured I would add this....I'm a fucking moron. I was just perusing through the "How to sync your carbs" thread in the Carb/Tuning section......apparently the screw that I've been turning that I THOUGHT was the idle screw is REALLY the sync screw for carbs #1 and #2.......fucking idiot I am.
So now I have to get hold of some stock PAJ2 jets and a sync tool by Saturday. Ugh.

You sure they put the larger ones on your bike? Did they not give you the parts they removed?
I can remove the stk 170's from my Morely kitted carbs(sitting in a box, waiting from someone who needs them...:)), and send them to ya. Can have them to ya before the weekend if you like. I would need to get replacements when you happen to get the chance. I'm in no hurry though.
If it will help ya, just lemme know...

You sure they put the larger ones on your bike? Did they not give you the parts they removed?
I can remove the stk 170's from my Morely kitted carbs(sitting in a box, waiting from someone who needs them...:)), and send them to ya. Can have them to ya before the weekend if you like. I would need to get replacements when you happen to get the chance. I'm in no hurry though.
If it will help ya, just lemme know...

I would be forever grateful to you for that! Where would I be able to get some new jets? I'm assuming that a dealership would charge way over what they're really worth. I am going to try to get ahold of a sync tool too. I'm tempted to buy this one....Carburetor Synchronizer
My carbs have to be WAY outta sync since I've been using the carb1 and carb2 sync screw as an idle adjustment :bang head:

I'll go ahead and pull them out now. You can use them til you get more. If you buy new, be sure to pull these back out and put your new ones in your carbs, then you can send these back. No sense in buying new and getting old. Sean would prolly be a good source for the jets.
PM me your address and i'll get them sent out USPS Priority(unless you want them sooner?). That way you should see them by Friday.

I'll go ahead and pull them out now. You can use them til you get more. If you buy new, be sure to pull these back out and put your new ones in your carbs, then you can send these back. No sense in buying new and getting old. Sean would prolly be a good source for the jets.
PM me your address and i'll get them sent out USPS Priority(unless you want them sooner?). That way you should see them by Friday.

Nevermind....I hope you haven't started to take them out. I just heard back from Sean. He's got extras laying around that he's sending me. Thanks for the offer though!!!! It's good to know that there are still a FEW good people in the world that are willing to help out.

I would be forever grateful to you for that! Where would I be able to get some new jets? I'm assuming that a dealership would charge way over what they're really worth. I am going to try to get ahold of a sync tool too. I'm tempted to buy this one....Carburetor Synchronizer
My carbs have to be WAY outta sync since I've been using the carb1 and carb2 sync screw as an idle adjustment :bang head:
I used that exact synchronizer to snyc my carbs. My brother bought it from Dale Walker to sync his FZ1's carbs. You have to adjust the amount of pressure via the supplied controls. Works pretty good in my estimation. Probably not as nice as a Morgan carbtune, but I have never used one of those so I have no reference for comparison.

Nevermind....I hope you haven't started to take them out. I just heard back from Sean. He's got extras laying around that he's sending me. Thanks for the offer though!!!! It's good to know that there are still a FEW good people in the world that are willing to help out.
Too late, they are out and bagged already. No biggie, i was wondering if it still looked the same inside these carbs. Yep, just like last time...:rofl_200:

Check this picture out.....if the screw that's shown in the middle of the picture is the sync screw for carbs #1 and #2, then where the hell is the idle adjustment screw???

Attachments

• IMG017.jpg
    IMG017.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 19
Remove me. updating attachments is over my head!

Same here.

Edit, there, damnit, have to change to to a jpg to get it to upload, worked the first time as a png file tho. sorry for the fumbling.

Attachments

• A_F_hole2.jpg
    A_F_hole2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
See the little wheel at the bottom of your pic between the two carb vent tubes. That's it

Open your eyes jack ass... lol J/k...

Yeah your carbs have to be WAY out of sync now... lol

Should pic up some HP and make the engine a hell of a lot smoother.

Chris

Open your eyes jack ass... lol J/k...

Thanks for the kind words, ya prick! lol

She does run absolutely HORRIBLE now. It's bad.
I turned off the Toll Road onto the highway by my town and laid into the throttle. I knew something was horribly wrong when I did that and the bike felt like it had been kicked in the nuts. A Yugo could have outrun me, it was that bad. I was able to score a Carbtune Pro from a VMOA member in the next town over. I'm thinking that I'll sync the carbs BEFORE I tear them apart and change my jets....only because it's so horribly bad now that it MIGHT just affect me trying to properly tune the bike.

I know there's a sticky in the Carb section talking about tuning. I remember also having seen a writeup somewhere else (not on this site, I don't think) about how to properly tune in everything. Now if only I could find the effing thing.

Latest posts

Back