First Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thanks again so much help already! so I really wanted to store the bike in a heat garage, mine is not heated and the bike has always been stored inside so well the fianc? was at work....

She handle it great just laughed and said so we don't get to have an xmas tree this year.

the first day it smelled in the living room but now its doing better and tips for helping with the smell?

LOL, sweet. reminds me of when I lived in Anchorage back in in 1990. I had the XS11, and the funnybike in the livingroom. c'ept I was single then. but it pissed off the room mate :rofl_200:

did u ever not smell it? any tips?

The bikes were in another room, if you kept the door shut you were alright (although my landlady would say otherwise).

The XS didn't smell all that much, but the funnybike left a distinct odor of oil and alcohol.
The ex scrubbed the hell out of the floor with the rug doctor, but the smell came from the bikes not the carpet.

nowadays, I'd have the glade plug-ins and like Garret said Fabreeze would be a big plus. :biglaugh:

Nahh, If I had it to do all over again, I would just clean the hell of of the bike and drain the gas tank before bringing it inside.

but having a few deoderizers in the outlets near the bike couldn't hurt.

what about a cover think that would help? If so where should i buy the cover i see some on ebay for cheap but those seam sketchy. I could maybe even try to make one.

Welcome! I'm a new member and VMax owner as well and have had mine a little over a week now. I'm still getting aquainted and have a lot of respect for the power and capabilities of this machine. Congrats on your Max and the pic in your living room is classic!:biglaugh: For the long haul you might think about sectioning off a small room in your garage with some insulation and a heater for it. Mike

Been there, done that last winter. My wife was thrilled also, but it was in my basement.:rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_0931.jpg
    100_0931.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
Welcome! I'm a new member and VMax owner as well and have had mine a little over a week now. I'm still getting aquainted and have a lot of respect for the power and capabilities of this machine. Congrats on your Max and the pic in your living room is classic!:biglaugh: For the long haul you might think about sectioning off a small room in your garage with some insulation and a heater for it. Mike
Welcome also! I have the 05 too #595

Don't spray air freshener on anything shiny, or really any hard surface. Seen some that leave sticky, gunky "spots" on stuff that can be a PITA to clean off.

Don't worry about it being in an un-heated garage, as long as it's under cover and protected from the elements you'll have no problemo. I actually don't dust-cover my bikes anymore in the garage in the off-season. I did with my Magna over the winter, and in the spring tiny specks of rust had broken out on the handlebars and chainguard that weren't there before. When I pulled it off I could faintly see a light fog of condensation on the bike...the cover ended up trapping moisture under it. Granted, it was a cheap walmart cover and more expensive ones probably "breathe" for this reason.

Don't spray air freshener on anything shiny, or really any hard surface. Seen some that leave sticky, gunky "spots" on stuff that can be a PITA to clean off.

Don't worry about it being in an un-heated garage, as long as it's under cover and protected from the elements you'll have no problemo. I actually don't dust-cover my bikes anymore in the garage in the off-season. I did with my Magna over the winter, and in the spring tiny specks of rust had broken out on the handlebars and chainguard that weren't there before. When I pulled it off I could faintly see a light fog of condensation on the bike...the cover ended up trapping moisture under it. Granted, it was a cheap walmart cover and more expensive ones probably "breathe" for this reason.

i actually agree with this. my max sits in a carport 9 months a year, the other 3 its in a garage that i think the dust is easier to clean off than the rust is!

Latest posts

Back