Fixed the Kickstand issue! New one inbound xD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
So I fixed the kickstand issue, it was in fact the relay and the new (used) one I got from ebay didn't work either so I just unplugged it and it worked.

The new issue is that when I get to the end of a straight line drive and let it drop to idle, it dies. Immediately I thought it had to be the vent hose getting clogged from my KBS coatings.

When I got home I took off the gas cap and ran around the neighborhood, and it seemed like it went away but no guarantee since it was just in the neighborhood.

Also, with or without the gas cap on, with the motor warm and choke 100% off, it will not jump from starter speed to idle... to get it to start, I have to give it a bit of gas to like 1500+ and it will spike up and then settle to 1050ish idle perfectly as expected.

Not sure if the two are related, but both happened the moment I filled up the tank with gas this morning. There is also the off chance that a piece of the KBS coating flaked off into the fuel-to-be-sucked cylinder area in the tank when I filled it up, so I'll check in to that too.

Any other ideas?

Have your carbs been synched? If not, and they are out too much, it might account for both of these. If one or two carbs are way to low then opening the throttle to get it started would make sense to me. I'm probably completely wrong but I have come to the opinion over the last couple of years that synching is quite often the problem with idling and starting issues. If yes, then, never mind.

Matt

Have your carbs been synched? If not, and they are out too much, it might account for both of these. If one or two carbs are way to low then opening the throttle to get it started would make sense to me. I'm probably completely wrong but I have come to the opinion over the last couple of years that synching is quite often the problem with idling and starting issues. If yes, then, never mind.

Matt

You're most likely right xD especially since I unsynced them by accident :bang head:

I'll get that checked out :punk:

By the way, two more questions:

1) Is there a black or titanium version of these that fit the stock masters? I saw them linked in another thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251006820844?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2) I got the Morley's Muscle air box but the filter is like black, I'm not sure if this is the color it is supposed to be but if it's not, what filter was used and modded and can it be switched out?

There's a thread for replacement levers for stock masters. I'm pretty sure the eBay seller had plenty of color choices.

The filter for the muscle airbox should be secured but also should be a cleanable k&n. They make their own spray cleaner.

There's a thread for replacement levers for stock masters. I'm pretty sure the eBay seller had plenty of color choices.

The filter for the muscle airbox should be secured but also should be a cleanable k&n. They make their own spray cleaner.

Are you feeling better, man? Jamie said you were feeling iffy a few weekends ago

And I see he had some other colors but the joint where they connect to the masters looks different on them, is that anything to be worried about?

And sweet! I'll pick up some filter cleaner at my work and clean it then. Thanks for the infos man

Back