Flasher Relay Option Or Not For LED Signals?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Guys...

Got some super led turn signals on the way, and I don't want to run the load equalizers. Instead I want a true solution like the ELFR-1 http://customled.com/PRODUCTS/FLASHER_RELAY/flasher_relay.htm , so in the future additions can be added with ease.

Does anyone here know if I can hard wire it into the existing setup similar to their instructions below??? :confused2: I'm thinking NOT???

HARD WIRE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
If your existing flasher relay is a two wire flasher relay (or a three wire with a ground wire), and you have access to it, you can replace it with our flasher relay as follows:
ELFR-1 HARD WIRE INSTRUCTIONS:
Red wire on ELFR-1 to power source (ignition switched +12V)
Black wire on ELFR-1 to load (blinker lamps/ blinker switch)

If your motorcycle has a two wire flasher relay, our relay will work for certain but may need to be hard wired into the harness. For three wire flasher relays, if one of the three wires is merely a ground wire, our relay will work but may need to be hard wired into the harness.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your motorcycle MUST have a replaceable two wire flasher relay to use this product. A few motorcycles have flasher relays which can not be replaced due to the fact that they are integrated into other electronics. Most flasher relays are located under the seat or behind the headlights. Please review your repair manual, or consult an expert as to whether your motorcycles flasher relay is replaceable.

:cheers:

Neil

Latest posts

Back