Foolish Vrod rider

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:biglaugh:Jeez Ed, I don't know what else you could possibly do to your bike to make it any better!!!!! You gonna give us some hints or let it be a suprise??

Lol, that's a good one Bob, I'll give hints as I'm doing things but I might just wait for the World of wheels show in late Jan to see if I can take Best in class 2 yrs in a row. It might be a little more suprising that way, but I gaurantee I have some ideas that should put it right over the top. Stay tuned... Ed

I let the crotch rockets run rabbit for me.

I'll admit to doing that. Most of the time I tell myself I'm going to take it easy on the 88 mile ride between Troy and Schroon Lake, that I'll just cruise at 75. Then a crotch rocket blows by me in the left lane cruising at 100, and then I can't resist matching his speed, staying maybe a quarter mile or so back. Speeding luxury SUVs from New Jersey also frequently take on this role. As such, I have made the 88 mile trip in under an hour more than once.

...I let the crotch rockets run rabbit for me.
I like to ride kinda fast but I get more fun out of going from zero to 120 with the shift light telling me when to shift. It's probably a product of riding on mostly straight roads and being a Vmax owner. I like the twisty roads as I loved riding the roads around Danny's while at the Brownie Run this past spring. If I hit the lottery I'm gonna buy a house near Danny's just for the company and great roads!:punk:

I have to keep looking in the store windows....make sure there's a reflection!!

Nothing but Harley's around here, I pull up beside one at a light and there's no reaction whatsoever!! I don't think they can see or hear me!!

It's like riding in the Twilight Zone!! :confused2:

Danny - what they're thinking is "if i ignore him, maybe he'll just go away..." then they click their ruby slippers against their chrome side covers and chant "there's not really a v-max, there's not really a v-max!"
:rofl_200:

If I hit the lottery I'm gonna buy a house near Danny's just for the company and great roads!:punk:

Maybe Danny could just visit you?

Cousin_Eddie_Thanksgiving.jpg

Back in the day, the Vmax was the only "Jap" bike Harley riders respected and didn't refer to as "Jap crap". There was respect for the beast. It's lost on newer riders, until they get spanked.
Jap crap VS Indi Davidson :confused2:

I can never coax the Harley jockeys to run against my VMax. I go hunting, especially for VRods, aka waterboys, but never any takers. At least the 600cc newbies/squids give it a shot. Let's keep the VMax legend alive!!

Just have to be careful with 600s, that the race isn't too long. The Max will take them off the line no prob and IME I can take a R6 up to about 100mph, then it pulls away and it's all over in the top end. On a good day my Max will level out at 145-150mph extreme top end, the R6 has no prob doing about 160, and hits 160 long before I get 140. Stoplight to stoplight....sure. On the highway....don't be so sure.

I also went against a gixxer 750 once, which was closer. Still took it off the line, but it caught up and passed by 75-80 or so. There's where the shaft drive and 200 extra pounds screw the performance pooch.

Back