foot peg extenders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intruder

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone put foot peg extenders on their 1200 vmax, I am 6 2" and find that my legs are a bit cramped, I have put peg extenders on my zzr1200 and it was much better so I would like to do the same on my max.
Anyone?

Forward Controls. The least expensive versions are available on ebay.

I don't know if this will help cause when you say extender do you mean move them forward like sean said. I moved mine back so my shifter could be reversed and I would be in a forward position. But I did that to drag it at the track but I felt more comfortable that way so I left it like that. If that is the direction your wanting I could send you some pics it's real easy and the way I did it you can just bolt the old stuff back on if you don't like it

I have to confess it was sean's avatar that inspired me to do that! If you look at where his feet are as he launches his bike, I put mine right above where his feet are so I didn't have to concentrate on pulling my shifter foot so far and so my weight was forward to keep the wheel down ( but not so much luck on the keeping the wheel down situation :D:))

If you have case savers you can mount flip out foot pegs on them like I did before I got my forward controls.
I have them for sale as there not needed anymore.

Hi sorry for the delay in getting back.
I meant extending the leg length with lowering pegs, I have seen them on sports bikes but I cant find any made for the max, I feel that my legs are a cramped at 62" but dont want forwards ,
cheers

Hello,
Twisted Throttle sells them. The brand is MFW out of Germany. They are pricey, but with the Gen. 1 Vmax, your options are limited. The MFW sets allow you to choose the amount of "drop" (or an adjustable lowering arm) and offer several peg styles from which to choose.

Hello,
Twisted Throttle sells them. The brand is MFW out of Germany. They are pricey, but with the Gen. 1 Vmax, your options are limited. The MFW sets allow you to choose the amount of "drop" (or an adjustable lowering arm) and offer several peg styles from which to choose.

Hi, Thanks for that info, they are exactly what I am looking for and I guess it is showing that they look pretty standard fit so I can choose the right make/price etc, I will look into this further now.
thanks.

Just installed extenders for long trips. $50 on amazon. Takes 4 hours to file, tune and install. Will try on the road later.

Attachments

• Footpeg1.jpg
    Footpeg1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Footpeg2.jpg
    Footpeg2.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Footpeg3.jpg
    Footpeg3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 29
Our version of the flip peg converson. One word of caution on the lowered driver pegs. Many people already drag the stock position much less a lowered one. Just make sure that's really what you want to do.

Attachments

• 2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2013-06-05_19.23.47.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.23.47.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg