Fork covers help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
I need help figuring out what is the best of doing this, tried to do a search but didn't come up with much.

What I want to do is to have my front forks be all one diameter and have that "fat" look to them but I can't figure out what is the best/cheapest way to do this. I'm not too crazy about the gold fork color on my bike now and this would be a good way to cover it up.

The first picture is of my set up. You can see the fork extension are a lot beefier that the rest of the forks, I want to basically have the same diameter go all the way down.

the second picture is of what I'm tryin to achieve.

Keep in mind I don't have access to a CNC machine plus I imagine it would be pretty expensive to make them out of alluminum.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Attachments

• (21) front suspension mounted up 1.jpg
    (21) front suspension mounted up 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
  • vmax fork example.jpg
    vmax fork example.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 22
I put covers over the rear shocks, to more or less match the look I was going for when I added to the front forks. Very inexpensive to do - I used aluminum coil stock, the type used to clad in around windows and doors (usually white in color)
The front covers are held in place by the fork brace , and existing fasteners for the brake lines. In your case - I'm presuming you just want to cover the gold areas, and not any part of the trees - you would have to use a fastening arrangement somewhat like I used on the rear shocks. Those covers are split, with small lips on each end . Three very small machine screws hold them together. When tightened, they are a snug fit on the plastic adjustment ring of the shock. A polished aluminum trim ring, split as well, completes the installation.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010779.jpg
    P1010779.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010778.jpg
    P1010778.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
I knew I could count on the wealth of information on this site :) This actually is not a bad idea and can work for me pretty well. I can use foam bar (the floaty thingy) to get the diameter I want than use your idea to finish off the look.

Thanks for the idea!

Back