from one extreme to another

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
Well here was my view a week ago on vacation in Puerto Rico

Now a week later back in Pittsburgh :damn angry:
I just measured 25" of snow on my deck from last night.

I need to move...

Attachments

• P1250215 (Small).JPG
    P1250215 (Small).JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P2020229 (Small).JPG
    P2020229 (Small).JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 48
Bill

We are getting all time record snow..we also have about 2 ft and another ft due to fall before it ends tonight. Going XC skiing around the neighborhood right now (just got the skis in the mail 3 days ago)

Well here was my view a week ago on vacation in Puerto Rico

Now a week later back in Pittsburgh :damn angry:
I just measured 25" of snow on my deck from last night.

I need to move...

Oh shit Bill....what a letdown!!! Now all the flights are cancelled and you can't get back to pic #1!! :bang head:

Bill

We are getting all time record snow..we also have about 2 ft and another ft due to fall before it ends tonight. Going XC skiing around the neighborhood right now (just got the skis in the mail 3 days ago)

Davidon....You guys are right in the middle of it!! Good luck man! :punk:

I haven't been out to measure yet...but I'm guessing theres around 18-20 inches here in my part of jersey so far. I decided to stay in and eat well today and then go out and shovel after its all done.

Missing the storm here for a change :eusa_dance: Glad ya made it back safe from Vacation Bill.

Snow sucks:bang head:

It's sunny and 14 degrees F here.....:confused2:

Stay warm and stay safe....

fucking sucks bill. hows the motor mount install going?

fucking sucks bill. hows the motor mount install going?

I was going to wait till Sean sent my rear diff back and put it all together at once, but with this snow storm looks like i will have a lot of extra time on my hands so maybe i will start that sooner than i expected.

You guys stole my "storm of the century"....I just hope your happy....that was supposed to be my birthday present to myself.....and you guys went and screwed it up for me.......yeah....thanks......very nice Bill....

+1 to what Bill says. LOTS of snow around here in Pittsburgh! I had to go out yesterday and plow some roads for access to cell phone towers. It was fun getting out there to drive around. Way too many people out on the roads that shouldn't have been.

I couldn't get through any of the thick stuff without chains on the tires. Made it to the last site, was 50% done and got severly STUCK... Not in the snow, in the DIRT!... SHIT.

I was plowing across an intersection of some dirt roads and had no idea there was a dropoff from one road to the other. You couldn't tell as the snow was level.

Anyways drove off the dropoff and I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't back up over it. I hit the gas and the chains dug a huge hole in the dirt. It sunk down in the dirt to the rear pumpkin. Couldn't go forwards, it was a steep drop off through the woods. Can't turn left or right, just nowhere to go but backwards.

I made some calls and got a guy from work to come out with a jack and some wood cribbing. I spent the few hrs of waiting under the truck digging around the rear end and moving as much snow as possible from under and behind the truck. It didn't take long to get it out once the tools came. We had to jack in lifts. Jack as high as you can, place cribbing under tire. Place cribbing on the jack, jack as high as you can, place more cribbing under tire, etc.

I was outta there by 8:30PM. I made for a long day of snow removal. At least I got out and didn't break anything on any vehicle and no one got hurt. It was an experience.

No real measurable snow for almost a week while it has been sunny and temps in the mid 20's! Although it dips below zero (-4 at 9am) almost every night it really feels nice in the afternoon.
My cousin's in DC sent pics and they have had more snow in this one storm than any of the storms we have had this year. I feel for the folks that are not used to heavy snows and don't have the equipment to keep roads open.

Here we got 25" this sucks . Dont you hate having to put a jacket on to go outside.

5-9 forecasted for us in the next 48 hours. Heck that's nothing up here. Especially since it's over a 48 hour period.

Gotta fire up the JD and get it ready to blow some snow...

Chris

hey Bill welcome back, wish we had a snow dumping like that, been a pretty warm and not so snowy season this year, but up in the hills theres tons. enough snow for the drags and snow cross at the end of the month here for Rendezvous in the yukon. Next month and a half going to be lots of sled racing, good way to lead up to bike riding season, i cant wait.

looks like we're getting the same storm here in indiana, 4 to 8 inches

We are getting 12 to 18" on top of the 25" today, I swear i better not hear 1 FREAKING word this summer about a Drought or water shortage!!!

You guys just reminded me (for some unknown reason) of West "by god" Virginia and the whitewater rafting I did on the New and Gauley rivers. I guess I was looking at the map for Schnellsburg and saw WV and thought of the awesome times I had rafting there, especially the upper Gauley, which I did 5 times. Each time we went we were in the old style rafts, yeah the kind you had to bail after each section! Going through sections with your raft filled with water to mid thigh is a exciting time!:punk:

Did they say BOYYY YOu got a perttyyy mouth, Squeal PIG LOL Did you get the t-shirt saying if you here banjos paddle faster? Seriously it is beautiful down there we ride are quads at Hatfield Mc coy trails, and stop at the new river gorge bridge its where they bungee jump and did a ford truck commercial there as well. Every time i go down there i think the movie Wrong Turn. JIm

Latest posts

Back