front end knock?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinnacle

Reaction score
just curious i have an 85 vmax and when i take hard bumps i get a knocking somewhere on the front end cause i can feel it up on the handle bars almost like metal contacting metal.i have looked to see if i could see impact marks or paint rubbing off anywhere and no such luck.my front forks will not hold air pressure is there a chance something is bottoming out inside the forks because of this....again it is only on hard bumps.

Hello,

Indeed you are bottoming out the internal forks. Most upgrade the stock springs to aftermarket like progressive or race tech. Then there is no need to load air in the forks. Being you state it will not hold air makes me think your seals are blown? My stock used to hold about 10 psi inwhich the max is only 14psi. Anything more would blow your fork seals. I would suggest upgrading the springs and get new fork seals/dust covers.

Upper triple nut might be a little loose. Need to adjust the steering head and bearings and see if the noise is still there.

Sean

I have the same noise.

I have no wobble - but I do see a tiny ring of oil on my tubes... new seals?

Latest posts

Back