Front Pipe Exhaust Leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalinin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been getting a good bit of pop when cruising at 3-4K rpm. It looks to be an exhaust leak, I could feel air escaping right at the base of the conical muffler section where there is an opening to the rest of the muffle and exhaust system. So I took off the muffler; I can still feel the air leak from the front header pipe when I put my hand by the side toward the end of the front header pipe cover/heat shield.

I would like to remove that cover to inspect that pipe section further- can it be done, or is it welded to the pipe (necessitating a new front pipe assembly)? I quickly tried to remove the band that looked to be holding that section and ended up breaking the head off of the 10mm bolt.:bang head:

sounds like Maybe it cracked under the cover.....im sure it can be fixed if need be...

if you end up needing head pipes I have a blk set from my 97 for sale...

150 for front two and 200 all four pipes.....plus shipping....I already have them boxed up can send u pics later

Back