Fuel capacity

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats the best in your opinion?

never seriously considered it, but i reckon it all depends on what you want to do. do you want to retain the capability of driving a passenger around? if so then, perhaps replacing the stock with a larger version is viable. but then again, keeping the stock and augmenting the capacity by replacing the faux lid with a real tank will grant you LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG trips. OR get the Marz AND MEK to go even further. If not hauling your significant other around is your preference, then replacing the tail and fender looks like a nice option. But if you don't want passengers yet still have the stock look, then adding a pillion auxilliary looks like the ideal candidate.

Note there are other things aside from keeping a passenger to consider. For example, going with Marz's larger tank requires relocating the battery. Another example, going with the MEK make carb work difficult.

Maybe I will just use a camelbak and run the line thru the top of the tank.... :) J/K

Usually after riding the v-max for around 2 hours you're ready for a stretch anyway. Fuel gives you a good excuse for that.

People complain about the range all the time, but from a lot of reviews of new bikes I've read, hitting the fuel light at 90-120 miles really isn't that uncommon especially on the growing "muscle standard" group.

It doesn't really bother me, and certainly not enough to drop hundreds/thousands on add-on tanks.

the only reason I was thinking about it is.... we have a mountain pass with a 98 mile no gas station section.... :0

Best option is to extend the swingarm 3" and then expand the fuel tank the same. It will net you about 1 added gallon. Sean Morley from Morleys Muscle does this work.

Best option is to extend the swingarm 3" and then expand the fuel tank the same. It will net you about 1 added gallon. Sean Morley from Morleys Muscle does this work.

I've got a 3" extension on the way... I might need to look into that before installation.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sean Morley make a larger stock tank (1 gal larger) but you need to have at least a 3" longer swingarm for the tank. Contact him here; username one2dmax or email him at [email protected].
Mike beat me to the punch, the only other thing to add would that Sean can also offer a fuel gauge to your dash along with a lager tank. See his Morley's Muscle Facebook page here.

So is there an aftermarket/larger tank you can install? thanks

I have one of these which gives me a range of about 150 miles.

As to which is best I guess that is down to personal opinion but I have yet to see an external tank that (IMHO) improves the look of the bike.
On that basis the BRM jobbie remains my tank of choice.

At those prices I'm gonna bungee a 2 gallon tank on my rack with no plumbing and pour it in my tank the old fashion way.

I have one of these which gives me a range of about 150 miles.

That's a more decently priced option than most I've seen before! Funny to see they're unavailable as 'the first series has sold out'

There is such a BIG market for bigger tanks for both Gen I and II, it's amazing no-one else has cashed in on making a large number of better-priced higer capacity tanks :ummm:

I'm currently hoping to get a great deal on an Exactrep one somebody's selling over here..

Back