Fuel jets vs air jets question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 MAX

Reaction score
Is there a difference in fuel (main) jets vs air jets? or are they one in the same just different sizes and makes, mikuni/DJ, Thanks.

All the jets except for the pilot fuel jet are able to be swapped around. The difference is of course the orifice size. To complicate matters more the DJ and Mikinu also swap but the number system is rated differently (flow vs size) so jets with the same numbers are not the same size (the DJ would be the smaller when same numbers are looked at).

The DJ jet has a flat bottom on the thread end vs a counterbore (like a drill bit went in part way) on the Mikuni.

Sean, I suspected as much but didn't know for sure, looking at a DJ190 in my PAJ2, I put it next to the mikuni 170 and the mikuni looks to have a bigger orifice or vice versa but I see where most all on here are running the M 170 in the PAJ2., like you say though, they are measured different flow vs size, been looking at the chart too.Thanks.

DJ190 is approx 177.5 Mikuni. There is a chart on my website.

Mikuni/ Dynojet equivalents for reference

picture.php

Back