• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gas tank needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several on eBay right now. The KBS Tank Sealer system will fix any problems, if present, in a used one.

There are several on eBay right now. The KBS Tank Sealer system will fix any problems, if present, in a used one.
It's already been sealed & not correcct cause its peeling off around the filler neck. I will ck ebay I am not sure he will want to buy new.

It's already been sealed & not correcct cause its peeling off around the filler neck. I will ck ebay I am not sure he will want to buy new.

The KBS System does NOT have a film that covers the inside of the tank. I would never recommend that type of system. They always seem to fail at some point. I have used every type of system available. Kreem is the most common and most likely to fail unless perfectly installed. Eastwood also has a film type system. But it is a 12 step process using muriatic acid and is a giant pain. POR is ok but KBS is my favorite. Have used it on three tanks including my Max with no problems. Whatever system used, it is critical to follow instructions to the letter with no shortcuts!!!

I've always used KREEM and never had a problem. I am not the one who did this tank but he said it wasnt KREEM he used

i've heard awesome things about caswell too. and awful things about kreem

seriously. from a guy who just dealt with a coating issue, convince him its worth the $$.

i've heard awesome things about caswell too. and awful things about kreem

seriously. from a guy who just dealt with a coating issue, convince him its worth the $$.
You ask 15 people you get 15 different answers I been using KREEM for years & not had 1 issue so thats what I will be using if he goes used..

I'd go new,( I have a hard time following Directions. Lol ) but then again I can get a new tank for under 200.

Kreem is a carbs worst nightmare when it starts flaking off.

Sean

The KBS System does NOT have a film that covers the inside of the tank. I would never recommend that type of system. They always seem to fail at some point. I have used every type of system available. Kreem is the most common and most likely to fail unless perfectly installed. Eastwood also has a film type system. But it is a 12 step process using muriatic acid and is a giant pain. POR is ok but KBS is my favorite. Have used it on three tanks including my Max with no problems. Whatever system used, it is critical to follow instructions to the letter with no shortcuts!!!

+ 1 been using KBS for a long time now in fact just sealed a Honda TRX tank & V30 tank & a Vmax tank this morning. The vmax was just an extra I done in case I need one. I do have another Max tank that is pretty clean to.

Ive got a few used clean tanks if needed. We have some of the more dirty tanks plastic media blasted which works very well.

Back