Gears are sticking?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbidcow55

Reaction score
So my '03 Maxter Blaster has about 9000 miles on it. Here's the problem: when I'm approaching a stop and I grab the clutch, proceed to shift down but sometimes it will stay in the previouse gear. The shifter never locks up and can move in either direction. It will pop out of say 3rd to 2nd however if I release the clutch. It will not make any weird noises, just the usual "pop" from say putting it into 1st from neutral. Anybody else have this problem?

Dont think that I can help with the gear issue ,but where in mass or you?

Start with the simple things - check that the external gear change lever and linkage is moving freely.
Might be worthwhile adjusting the change lever up a tad just in case you don't fully depress it as you change down?

Sometimes the transmission needs to turn slightly for the dogs to line up and engage, let the clutch out a small bit while changing gears when you're stationary (not enough to pull you forward - just enough to turn the shaft a few degrees)

Thanks for the Tips gentlemen :) I'll try adjusting the shifter and swapping/bleeding the clutch fluid. Cheers

Latest posts

Back