Gen 1/ Gen 2 parts brake res.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggohead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started wondering about this yesterday, well thought more about it yesterday. But does anyone know if the Clutch Master cylinder on the Gen 2 could be used on the Gen 1? Kinda like the smaller look of it. Looked up the price it looks like it's about the same for either on partzilla. Not saying I need one, but these could be a neat mod.

If you are using 6 pot calipers I'd say yes, if not I'd say it's a risk as it has a bigger bore

He is referring to the clutch, Fred, but the essence of your answer is the same, provided the bores are the same you will get the same feel.
Smaller makes the pull herder with more slave cylinder travel, bigger give an easier pull but less slave cylinder travel.

He is referring to the clutch, Fred, but the essence of your answer is the same, provided the bores are the same you will get the same feel.
Smaller makes the pull herder with more slave cylinder travel, bigger give an easier pull but less slave cylinder travel.

Mr Midnight, I contest your statement.

A master cylinder with a smaller bore makes the pull easier but creates less travel at the other end. IE a slave cylinder or caliper.

Stock VMX master cylinders are 5/8". If you swap to a smaller, 14mm master, the clutch lever is easier to pull in but the engagement point is closer to the handlebars because it takes more lever travel to move the slave than the with the stock setup.

Latest posts

Back