Gen2 idle compared to Gen1 idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I have the akro cat mid pipe do I need a tuner to run it ?? Guy had it on the bike when I bought it I put it back to stock bc I was unsure ... Help!! I miss the sound.. I just don't want to hurt the bike

I agree Danny, I used to own a gen 1 with marks and i don't think the sound can be duplicated. Trying to decide on steel wool are fiberglass packing before I place the order.

I think glass has a warmer richer tone, not as raspy or crisp as steel wool. That's just an opinion. I've re packed mine (the original version UFO 4-2, cans functionally no different than Marks) a few times with both products. The UFO's originally had steel wool, I re-packed with glass once then steel wool, and now back to glass.

Steel wool will last no where near as long as fiberglass Matt packing, that's not an opinion, it's my experience.

I'd go with fiberglass matting
Packed as tight as you can possibly get it.

And neither lasts particularly long. That's why factory mufflers never use packing, just a lot of HP killing baffles.

I usually buy glass packing from the motocross/off road section out of most suppliers and that's where you'll usually find it. Not sure what brand it was.

Hey I have the akro cat mid pipe do I need a tuner to run it ?? Guy had it on the bike when I bought it I put it back to stock bc I was unsure ... Help!! I miss the sound.. I just don't want to hurt the bike

Any way to ask the previous owner whether or not your ECU has been reflashed to match it's cat removal/midpipe mod? If it had the cat removed, and the midpipe installed when you bought it, it should have already had either a fuel tuner installed, or a ECU reflash done.

If not already done, I recommend having your ECU flashed to match any mods you have done. http://guruedgear.com/gurued-gear-llc/gurued-gear-ecu-flash-selector.html#.U2Wwc70o7bU

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!

Only thing I know he has done is buy a chip off eBay to elimatie the govener when it hits a certain mph the speed drops down to go faster idk if it even works bc I don't go that fast as far as I know the ecu has a stock tune.

Yes....the Gen 2 has milder cams than the Gen 1. A Gen 1 with a Kerker race can is one of the nicest sounding bikes there is. IMO

+4

The first time I saw a gen 1 ..I was like..yeah..looks good..a little plain other than the scoops.

When I first heard one fire up (with a kerker pipe).. I swear to christ I got goosebumps. . And then it was on.
:)

Best bike sound...its not your opinion..it's a fact. ;)

When I powder coated my Marks end caps, I lost a little packing. It expanded on me so I took a bit out to seat the caps easier. I'll take more out some time. Love the sound of Marks 4-2.

I really like the sound of Marks exhaust, specifically the 4 into 2 pure music to my ears. I do have a part of me that likes the G1 with a comp baffled Kerker exhaust that is on V-boost, pretty excellent sounds as well!

Latest posts

Back