Genuine Yamaha by Corbin seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeS

Reaction score
Hi All.

I just bought a used original style Corbin seat, and just got it in the mail today. Rather than having the usual Corbin label on it, it has a label (in a different location than the usual Corbin label would be) that says (Genuine Yamaha Accessories by Corbin) on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if the seats that Corbin apparently made for Yamaha are leather, or vinyl? Is there any differences between the regular Corbin seats, and the ones they made for Yamaha? Thanks in advance for any info.

I (of course) wasted no time in mounting the seat, and putting a few miles on the max, and I find the seat really comfortable, other than when at a stop. At a light I have to either stay on my toes, or flatfooted with only one foot, due to the width of the seat (part of which makes it so comfortable while riding). I'm 5'8" with a 28" inseam, would I be better off lowering the rear of the bike some? If so, what's the best way to lower it? Thanks again for any info.

-MikeS

Same seat and was available in different finishes. Label should be in the back of the seat towards the top seam if I remember correctly. Lowering the bike will help but re-working the seat will do better.

Sean

Or a set of 11.5" progessives should work for ya - and I happen to have a set I just took off my max - if interested you can pm me.

Mike

Also the Yamaha version does not have the backrest hardware. For that reason, I would only get the Corbin. The ability to add and remove a backrest easily is one of the Corbin's greatest assets.

Back