got the stage 1 dj too work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
After many hours of messin with my carbs I think I got it. I'm between 600 and 1200 above sea leavle set my floats at 1.125" needle 2nd from top running 170 main dyno jet synced the carbs and went to test I expected it to run like crap. First gear 5000 rpms hammered it front wheel in the air tire spinning nice wheelie might I ad, ran it hard to 120mph no stumble what so ever pulling hard all the way, it was bitchin man. So you can run a stage one . Ran 106hp on dyno and wasn't running this good Tuesday night bike night will test again,had 6 disc on supertrapps have 12 disc now likes 12 better to be continued I have a 4-1 hole shots coming will test after that to to see how much gain

A 170 DJ is a pretty large jet on a bike that is basically stock, other than slip ons. Thats around a 157.5 mikuni jet. Most guys are running a 150 or 147.5 mikuni with slip ons. I'd keep an eye on the plugs and fuel mileage. You may be able to lean it up a good bit. But, if it works, it works.

Back