GPS Mount - 4gasem inside!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Looking to run a GPS on the 'Max and was thinking of a handle bar mount. I saw 4gasm had one when I met up with him, just seeing whats out there.

Thanks fellas. :banana:

Go to Ram and check out their mounts. Mine is water proof for something like 3 hours at 3 meters which can come in handy on a bike. It came with one car and one bike mount. Mine was designed for bikes so it has some pretty cool bike specific features. XM, MP3, as well as a special touch screen for use with gloved hands.

It's a Garmin Zumo 550.:thumbs up:

TomTom Rider V2 comes with 12V charge lead (which can be tucked away under faux tank hood when not in use), full RAM mount and decent bluetooth headset. Even handles your cell phone calls (out and in, and text messaging) all touch screen. VVVV Good GPS solution for on bike. I bought mine for ?230 ($460) about a year ago and I dont regret it. If you want pics, just say, and I'll take some and post up here :punk:

I also have the TOM TOM Rider. It mounted very easily and hook-up was a breeze. I can also post pics if needed.

Just say the word.

Here you go! There are more if you want them too.

Attachments

• TOMTOMGPS0007.jpg
    TOMTOMGPS0007.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 35
  • TOMTOMGPS0008.jpg
    TOMTOMGPS0008.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 34
  • TOMTOMGPS0004.jpg
    TOMTOMGPS0004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 34
  • TOMTOMGPS0002.jpg
    TOMTOMGPS0002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 41
$1000.... :surprise:

For something that tells you where to go.

I'll just stop and ask hot women for directions instead!

Did I say I paid 1000?? :whistlin:

I paid 700 and it works as a hand held, car, and bike...

:thumbs up:

Here's mine on the SV. It mounts the same way on the Vmax.:thumbs up:

Attachments

• Copy of 100_2171.jpg
    Copy of 100_2171.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 32
Did I say I paid 1000?? :whistlin:

I paid 700 and it works as a hand held, car, and bike...

:thumbs up:

Here's mine on the SV. It mounts the same way on the Vmax.:thumbs up:

Nope... Didn't mean to imply you did. I was just curious about them and went to garmin's website. They list for about $964. I was just rounding up.
It is a nice widget to have, but way beyond my price range. At least for now. :eusa_pray:

Here you go! There are more if you want them too.

Just my opinions of comparison between Tomtom Rider V1 and V2 (no offence intended to Lee:thumbs up:)

Lee has the V1 of the tomtom rider, and I'm sure he has had no problems, but I read a few horror stories about the mount, so compared the two (with my V2 and mates V1).

V2 RAM mount is far superior to the V1 mount shown in Lee's images.

Plus the V2 comes with the Cardo scala-rider? wireless headset, on it's own usually about ?100 ($200). The V1 has a comparitively uncomfortable ear pad and stick-on mic.

Just my 2c
If you'll just bear with me until later today/tomorrow I'll post pics of mine.:cheers:

Here's the images, the RAM mount is based on a double ball-and-socket design, so you can mount at any angle or position. The balls are rubberised too, so the grip is excellent, and with a twist of the screw handle on the "stick" the mount is locked. Hope you can make it out in the images

Attachments

• tomtom4.jpg
    tomtom4.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tomtom3.jpg
    tomtom3.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 10
  • tomtom2.jpg
    tomtom2.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 13
  • tomtom1.jpg
    tomtom1.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 15
  • tomtom.jpg
    tomtom.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 16
Not sure if any these gizmos can do this but it would be nice if you could use it as a tack, speedo, accelerator ( I think thats what's called ) and shift light....ect. Maybe read your email or come to forum and check for the latest threads when not in navigation use. Well maybe the first four .:biglaugh:

The TomTom works as a speedo (like most GPS). I also have a Garmin eTrek (hiking/wilderness GPS) with a handlebar mount that I used to use on my chop as a speedo.:thumbs up:

Back