Great Gen II night at the drags video

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I like the rear cam angle, it gives you more of a sense of the acceleration, especially with that guy standing there in the first runs. You think it has major mods to turn in those times? Depends on Gap Rider's drag skills, I'm sure.

Nice. I like the rear cam angle, it gives you more of a sense of the acceleration, especially with that guy standing there in the first runs. You think it has major mods to turn in those times? Depends on Gap Rider's drag skills, I'm sure.

+1

The Gen 2 appears to really fly off the line like nobody's business. Nice runs. Would be nice to know some more details.

In the video he said he wrote after the first run he hit the limiter while beating the 'busa. Nice runs for sure and he will surely do better once he gets the limiter out of the way.

In the video he said he wrote after the first run he hit the limiter while beating the 'busa. Nice runs for sure and he will surely do better once he gets the limiter out of the way.

Thanks for the compliments! I wish the battery had held out for the other 3 runs that night.... I caught the run where I lost (by .005), redlighted (-.001) and wheelied. I have the "Big Air" stacks, a PCV, and hacked on my Cat Box. The 10.42 @ 130 was my best pass ever and the bike and I weigh in at 925#. The funniest part is the Hayabusa that got blistered in the last two runs was just dying to run me (and gave me all kinds of advice that he learned in some drag racing school).

That little GoPro camera is the best $200 I have spent.

Oh yeah, the limiter I was talking about was the rev limiter. I also have the speed limit bypassed.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm trying to learn from it. It's a very smooth launch, deceivingly quick.

I noticed he signalled for his left turn there. I've found myself signalling in an empty parking garage before. It just becomes part of the turn.

Thanks for the compliments! I wish the battery had held out for the other 3 runs that night.... I caught the run where I lost (by .005), redlighted (-.001) and wheelied. I have the "Big Air" stacks, a PCV, and hacked on my Cat Box. The 10.42 @ 130 was my best pass ever and the bike and I weigh in at 925#. The funniest part is the Hayabusa that got blistered in the last two runs was just dying to run me (and gave me all kinds of advice that he learned in some drag racing school).

That little GoPro camera is the best $200 I have spent.

Oh yeah, the limiter I was talking about was the rev limiter. I also have the speed limit bypassed.

Hi Gaprider, Nice video! I will have to look around for that camera the quality is very good!
I was wondering what rpm are you shifting at in each gear?I'm tinkering with the adjustable shift light settings, do you use that feature?

Hi Gaprider, Nice video! I will have to look around for that camera the quality is very good!
I was wondering what rpm are you shifting at in each gear?I'm tinkering with the adjustable shift light settings, do you use that feature?

I do have the shift light set a little lower for 1st and second... 8000 and 8500 if I'm not mistaken. (I am travelling and not near the bike). I try to use all that torque in the lower gears, and it seems to do a lot better than running it up higher - at least in 1st and 2nd. Those two happen so quick I am thankful for the shift light!

Back