Greetings from the nordics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. after being a decade almost without a bike I finally had the means to afford one again. and the choice was easy quite easy it had to be a max.

So without further ado, here's a few pics of the bike that's (hopefully) getting delivered to me tomorrow.

I've been looking through the forums the last week for ideas about what to do with it and I'm already in talks with mike about getting a 4-1 exhaust for it. I have some other mods in mind as well but that might come further down the road
the only question i have, will it run smoothly stuck or is a jet required for it to run? i tried searching for it but did not a definitive answer

Attachments

• 051_1617117201.jpg
    051_1617117201.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 051_702353218.jpg
    051_702353218.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes to a Dynojet Stage 7 jet kit or a Morley's Muscle jet kit, from Sean Morley [email protected]. Directions for the Dynojet Stage 7 kit tell you to remove the VBoost butterflies, and replace them with hollow tubes they supply, I do not recommend it. It makes it difficult to synchronize your carburetors. You can tune the bike to retain the VBoost.

Your bible for bike work:
http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf
Many questions answered in one place:
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/new-vmax-owner-faqs-new-members-please-read.21240/
My experience in using the 'search' or 'advanced search' is the fewer words, the better. Instead of typing, "what types of jet kits are available?" just try 'jet kit' or 'Dynojet Stage 7' or 'Morley's Muscle jet kit'

Last edited:
I'm not very proficient with carbs and carb tuning but i guess i need to give it a go. I'll have something to do during the fast approaching winter then.

I've briefly looked at the muscle jet kit from Sean after seeing several people recommend it with mikes exhaust. it looks to be a pretty straightforward install or am i wrong?

I had read through that last week but forgotten the part about the exhaust! oops. my bad!

"For full systems, yes. Running a full system with stock jetting, there may be HP gains, but not to full potential. The best option to mate a full system with is Sean's Muscle jet kit, which modifies the stock airbox and includes jets needed. It also outperforms the DJ Stage 7(equal top end, but with better midrange), at a lower cost."

Lets say to begin with i do not care about HP as i need to learn to ride the bike properly and shake off some rust. i would like a bit of a cooler sound though as i think the stock exhaust leaves a lot to be desired (as with most bikes) Will it be fine to run it like that or will it sputter and run uneven?
I'm sorry if i'm being anal. just trying to learn 😅

Last edited:
Hi there Rage, welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy! Owned/Rode Vmax before?

Thanks!
Nope, not before i tested and bought it. I have not ridden in 8-9 years so i'm still shaking off a ton of rust aswell.

i'm trying to take it abit slow and steady even though it seemingly wants to blast through every intersection

i'm trying to take it abit slow and steady even though it seemingly wants to blast through every intersection
Of course!! Is it tempting?😀

Back