Had new tires put on need brakes now, what brand do you guys recommend?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennsVmax

Reaction score
I had new Shinko tires put on f and r today. My rear pads are so thin if you held them up to the light you could probably see thru them.

I was looking at Bike Bandit at EBC with dual sintered pads and was wondering if this is what most of you use.

My braking system is totally stock. I have 11.7K on the rear brakes.

Thanks!

i would recommend EBC HH front and EBC organic rear.

before you order thru bikebandit, morley might have them in stock.

The EBC "HH" seem to be a favorite around here. They hold up fairly well too...the HHs in my R1 calipers have at least 12k miles on them and there's still plenty to go. I seldom use the rear brake except on hard stops....the pads still look new.

The Galfer HH and EBC HH are both very good and I usually keep both on hand or will have the warehouse ship direct for me if not so about the same shipping time,

Will get you a note in a sec Glen.

Sean

I had HH and it squealed like crazy. the organic are a bit softer... little less braking power which was good as it didn't lock up as easy.

I used the HH front and back, and I must say with the wave rotors the rear was a bit on the fierce side - definitely needed feathering that pedal not ever hitting it hard!

I used the HH front and back, and I must say with the wave rotors the rear was a bit on the fierce side - definitely needed feathering that pedal not ever hitting it hard!
I have HH pads on my front 6 pot calipers on 298 mm wavy rotors. On the rear I have the same 298 mm rotors an duse the stock caliper (w/ adapter) along with HH pads. I find that the HH are stronger than the stock pads but they don't seem to lock any easier.
I try to use the rear brake in conjunction with the front which I think is a good practice for the unforeseen emergency/ panic type stops. I want to have practice using all the braking power my bike has.

Back