Happy with how it turned out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
So, after about a year or so of modifications and loosing most of the riding season last year I'm happy to say the bike is DONE!...at least for now :rofl_200:

Big thanks to everyone on this forum, this wouldn't be possible without all the great people on here sharing their knowledge:You_Rock:

I think it turned out pretty good and is pretty much exactly what I envisioned.

There's few little issues that need to be worked out, such as with the digital RMP gauge, but it's all minor stuff I can live with.

Here's few pictures of what the bike currently looks like.

Getting new tires put on it thursday and it's finally roadworthy.

I'm running a 190/60/17 with the venture diff right now, don't really like that combo so I'm going with a smaller rear tire (only wanted to see if I can fit this size in stock swingarm - it does fit). I could switch back to stock diff and keep that tire but I don't have one of those around :) plus the tire is shot and needs to be replaced anyway.

Let me know what you think, good and bad :biglaugh:

Here's a list of mods:
1. USD forks/calipers/front wheel/fender from 05 zx10
2. upper/lower tripple and fork extensions were made by my buddy and powdercoated black.
3. headlight bezel, windscreen trim powdercoated black.
4. digital speedo and RPM gauge (RPM seems to show double RPM at idle but works fine once engine revs) - I can live with that :rofl_200:
5. ebay special black handlebars and bar end mirrors
6. side scoops with rad covers - not sure what they are called, got them from a member on here.
7. 4-2-1 holeshot header painted black
8. IXIL muffler
9. 05 zx10 rear wheel - converted to shaft drive by a member here.
10. SHOWA (spelling:ummm:) shocks. Not sure what model they are. A forum member turned me onto these.
11. maxgasser seat - black w/red stiching - my butt is very happy now :clapping:
12. Sissy bar - powdercoated black.
13. MEK luggage rack (not on currently) also in black powdercoat.
14. pass pegs mounts powedercoated black - where the original exhaust bolts to.
15. Swingarm bolt covers powdercoated black.

Attachments

• 2012-05-08 12.17.43.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.17.43.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 2012-05-08 12.18.04.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.18.04.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 2012-05-08 12.18.21.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.18.21.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 2012-05-08 12.18.36.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.18.36.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-05-08 12.18.54.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.18.54.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2012-05-08 12.19.14.jpg
    2012-05-08 12.19.14.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
Love the USD front end and MaxGasser. Worth the hiatus in the riding don't you think?

Wow, that's awesome. Would love to see it sometime. Where do you tend to ride in the area?

Yes, a good overall execution, I bet it is more-fun to thrash and better at doing it. Those shocks are awesome!:biglaugh:

It looks like a plan of action was done rather than being a collection of mismatched stuff thrown-together. It works well. I think if people could compare their stock rides to something like that, and actually riding it to experience the difference, you would have a lot more people doing the USD forks, aftermarket shocks & radials.

Wow, that's awesome. Would love to see it sometime. Where do you tend to ride in the area?
Mostly to work and back. With the 9 month old at home riding time doesn't come by that often :) I was actually thinking about going to that run you posted about last weekend but weather was crap and some other stuff came up (as it mostly does). I'll send you a PM next time we plan on riding, my buddies ride a warrior and roadliner so at lest it's in the family :)

Sweet looking Vmax! Like the others have said, you've done a excellant job of upgrading with mods that booth look good and perform. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Looks great, the lines flow perfectly throughout the bike! I bet it drove you nuts not being able to ride it....now get out and put some miles on it!!!!

Thanks guys for the kind words :) The gold forks grew on me, they look way, way better against the black triple trees then they did against raw aluminum I had before. Originally I was planning on making some fork covers and paint them black but I think I'll leave them gold.

The only issues I have with the bike are:
1. there is no gold in the back to balance out the look so I might get the rear caliper powdercoated gold, and maybe springs? Not sure if springs can even be done.
2. I don't think there is enough chrome pieces up front so I will most likely put a set of drag bars (I have them laying around somewhere) and see how that will look. But that's a project for a rainy day :)

Love that IXIL muffler though, I had my brother ride my bike so I can hear how it sounds from the distance and it sounds AMAZING so it's staying on :)

Yup, that's a Mod Monkey award if ever I saw one! How does that IXIL sound? Don't think we have a sound clip of this one yet..

Is that a slick you're running up front? Watch out for the po-po! And the rear's going that way too lol

Yup, that's a Mod Monkey award if ever I saw one! How does that IXIL sound? Don't think we have a sound clip of this one yet..

Is that a slick you're running up front? Watch out for the po-po! And the rear's going that way too lol
KJ posted a sound clip a while ago (I got mine after I saw his post :eusa_dance:)
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=244902&highlight=IXIL#post244902

I'm getting new tires put on today. Got the wheels in my trunk :) No more slicks, lol.

Back