Happy with Nickel plating!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I just had my buddy Nickel Plate (same process alot of gun manufacturers use,S&W being one of them I think) a bunch of my parts since I have em off anyways. They look great! for $30 sand blasted and plated Im real pleased!:biglaugh:

Attachments

• DSCN1734.jpg
    DSCN1734.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 98
$30 bucks, you gotta be kidding me!

That looks fantastic....

I've got an old 6" colt Python in factory Nickel....Love the look......Hard used and never a blemish, must be pretty tough....

Looks good BUT, did you have it copper plated first then the nickel? You can also polish the nickel to a mirror finish (though it's a soft metal).

Sean

Looks good BUT, did you have it copper plated first then the nickel? You can also polish the nickel to a mirror finish (though it's a soft metal).

Sean

Looks great but, like yar saying: if nickel was plated without copper it will not last long. I dare to say that even with copper nickel plating is not something it will last long on aluminium.

The copper underplate is required to have any lasting stick to aluminum. Then polish the copper layer and then the nickel layer and it's almost like chrome.

Sean

The copper underplate is required to have any lasting stick to aluminum. Then polish the copper layer and then the nickel layer and it's almost like chrome.

Sean

I have plated aluminium with nickel without copper underneath it.
It worked but didnt last long.

Standard nickel is more yellow while chrome is slver - diffrent colors are possible trough nickel plating. Is it what you calling as colorued chrome, right?

No it's strait nickel, honestly doesn't matter to me. The motor has had such shit paint on it anything will be an improvement. $30 I'll take my chances I suppose...

Back