Hard start with cop kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing that comes to mind did you gap the plugs at .026? There have been past instances of where people have put the cops kit on, and gotten bad gas mileage, and then regapped the plugs to .026, and everything was fixed.

I would agree also, . 026 works perfectly.. I inadvertently gapped mine at. 030 and had hard starting issues...

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

I have been having the same issue, it just started this season... It will crank 5 to 7 seconds before it fires, this is with a brand new Odyssey battery and plugs. Once it fires, its all great...

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

I have the same issue with the kit using resistor leads on my '88.

I have a new panasonic heavy duty battery and just installed the kit a couple of weeks ago.

I am running a stock ignitor box.

Starts are hard. Will fire after about 4 or five cranked revolutions.

I had zero problems with non-resistor leads on cops in 30,000ks of riding. The bike would start at first cylinder to top of stroke (hot or cold).

Is sync a bigger issue with COPs than with regular coils? I'm having really hard starts after a plug issue right now and am hoping that it can be cured with a better sync. I'm going to be redoing float levels, too, so another bench synch is probably in my future anyway.

Is sync a bigger issue with COPs than with regular coils? I'm having really hard starts after a plug issue right now and am hoping that it can be cured with a better sync. I'm going to be redoing float levels, too, so another bench synch is probably in my future anyway.
Make sure your plug gaps are correct for the cops set up!!!!

Sent via the Verizon 4G XLTE System

Yeah. I'm one of the guys that helped find that out the hard way. I put everything at .026. I'll check them again, though.

Latest posts

Back