Help form the Clutch Experts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Last week I installed a Barnett pressure plate and new fibers. Took for a test drive and all seemed fine except that engagement was closer off the bars then I recalled with the diaphragm spring. This morning warmed her up good, shifted into first no problem, but engagement was 1/2 inch off the bars! Not feeling comfortable driving it I attempted to find neutral and that took me 10 minutes (never had issues finding neutral). There is no fluid leaking and lever pressure is good. While trying to find neutral I did notice the lever pull getting harder & harder.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Frank

Crack the bleeder at the slave and let a little fluid out there. Also, make sure your master is not too full!

Sean

Sean,

I find it a bit interesting that it would be ok last week and not so ok today...do you believe there is excess pressure?

P.S. I got the calipers...haven't opened the box yet...

Frank

Sean,

I did as you suggested and reblead the system and still no clutch. I'm stumped...before i buttoned her up with the Barnet pressure plate I made sure the clutch disengaged properly...I even took for a 30 mile test drive with no issues...let it sit for 1 week and now no clutch & no leaks. Any way to test the slave?

Thanks

Frank

You'll need to clarify if there is no feeling in the lever (no resistance). OR, nothing to make it go when you let out on the lever?

Sean

Now i'm really confused...I rebled the system, lever pull felt fine but still would not move in gear with clutch pulled in. So I pulled the clutch cover to recheck pressure plate install...all looks fine and clutch disengages when lever is pulled as it did when i first installed. I did have to compress the hat to reinstall the pressure plate however(to have it sit flush on the fibers) and I know i didn't have to do that on initial install. Each time I'd compress the hat it would come back out a bit on its own...not sure what that means.

It looks like its working fine, but its not....

Aaaarrrrggggg!

Back