Help! Fuel coming out of main air jet.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I just rebuilt my carbs and when i put it back fuel was pouring out. So i removed the airbox to see where fuel was coming from and it's pouring out the air jets. I tried to cover them with the fingers, the it came out of the tubes that go to the airbox...

When i rebuild the carbs i put the synch screw 2 turns out. Is that correct. The reason i did this was that i removed the. To seperate all 4 carbs.

Anyone knw what to do to correct this :S

Thanks !

Oh and the float leverl is correct at 28mm dry I check Seans page to set it at the picture showed.

Either your float is stuck open or your float needle valve is not sealing the fuel inlet.

Either your float is stuck open or your float needle valve is not sealing the fuel inlet.

Its comming fron three of them, so this means i did three of them wrong?

Float needle valve is it the thing thats on the back side of the carb or is it the same as needle in the diaphragm?

Thank you

Needle valve is attached to float and inside the float bowls. You could try tapping back side if each carb to jar it loose. Otherwise they need to be disassembled to see why floats/valve aren't working.

needle anf seat is whatsunder the fuel bowl and attached to the float to shut off the fuel. sounds like you got the floats set to high. should also do a wet check and should be 15-17 mm.
where you checking float hight at for 28mm ??

Needle valve is attached to float and inside the float bowls. You could try tapping back side if each carb to jar it loose. Otherwise they need to be disassembled to see why floats/valve aren't working.

Thanks alot I'll go out and try it :)

needle anf seat is whatsunder the fuel bowl and attached to the float to shut off the fuel. sounds like you got the floats set to high. should also do a wet check and should be 15-17 mm.
where you checking float hight at for 28mm ??

I had it disassembled and opened the rear of the carb to see if I had any problem's with the float, and measured it from the bottom to the float. the O is just visible. I did it just as the picture on Seans site.

The original problem was that carb nr.2 was leaking and that cylinder didn't seem to get any fuel since it was virtually clean when i removed the carbs.

Don't know if it's fixed yet though..

Thanks alot Maleko! Tapping the back side of the carbs that had the problem fixed it :D now they're synced and ready to go :D

Back