Help ID'ing rear springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broncsrule

Reaction score
I am trying to track down exactly what suspension modifications have been done by the previous owners of my Vmax. The PO said it has been lowered about an inch and it has Progressive springs. The shocks say Progressive on them, but what will tell me exactly what my set up is? Is all the lowering done with the shocks or are there other modifications that might have been done?

Thanks for your help

That usually indicates the shocks are 1" shorter than stock....never heard of anyone doing any internal mods to Progressives/

The front can lowered internally and rear shocks come in different sizes from stock to I think 11inch as for ones your talking about you have to measure where bolts are center to center.

Ok, Thanks for the advice on the measuring method. Been doing a lot of reading. How can I tell if the are 412, 418, 440 etc?

maybe go on progressive's web site and match there . I have 412's but I don't see any print on them.

Cool, good advice.

So, mine measure 12'' bolt center to center, that explains the 1" lower. Now to figure out the model #.....

can you post picture I know some can tell in their sleep which ones .

I may do that. But, by looking at pics on the web. I am almost sure they are 412s. The bottom mounting point seems to be different than the 440s.

Latest posts

Back