Help with the display

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am going to have to remove the display that sits on the fake tank, it shows the information like miles, gear etc. I'm not sure what it is called so that is why I am saying what it does. If I called it the wrong name by letting you know what it does you'll know what I am talking about.

If I remove it and unplug it from the rubber grommet will it save the memory it has inside?????? like miles and settings etc.

Last edited:
Yes, it is just a display. The Ecu tells it what to show.

Yes I know it is the display, I was asking if I just pull it from the rubber grommet to take it off so I can access my K&N Filters. Also if I pull it from the rubber grommet does it save all the memory or is it reset?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The ECU is a separate module that stores the information and sends it to the display. The display has no memory, so nothing will be lost if you disconnect it.

I'm just expanding Mpsuk's correct answer. (it was inferred)

The ECU is a separate module that stores the information and sends it to the display. The display has no memory, so nothing will be lost if you disconnect it.

I'm just expanding Mpsuk's correct answer. (it was inferred)

Thanks a lot, I wanted to make sure before I take my K&N filters off to clean and oil. I wanted to be safe than sorry that's why I asked.

Thanks again

Back