Hey, Sean...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all that you continue to do for the VMax community, I just wondered why you never came up with your own exhaust/jet combo kit to sell? Seems like a no-brainer for you. You've seen, used and worked on everything out there.

Now would be a great time to come up with something for the new Max, too. Guys are going to be itchin' to have the loudest Gen II on the block...

Just wondering, and I know it's none of my business.

I built my own for my 1500. A few at Topeka got a chance to look at it. Still rough looking as I didn't have time to coat it and still wanted to add a cross over to it.

I debated it but there are a number of good headers out there and they have more time to market them. Maybe I should come up with a line of mufflers and buy someones base header to add them too.

I also had another bike there we adapted some large stainless mufflers on. The sound of those is incredible! Again, they debued in Topeka.

Anyone remember either one?

Sean

I have to add. I have still not tried to make what I do for the Vmax (and other bikes) as a living. I love these bikes and want to help others learn to love them too. I try to make a little just to justify my time I have to spend away from the family but it's by no means making me rich (or even paying what I would make spending the same time at the day job).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to turn this thread into something else just letting everyone know what I am about. Go to an event sometime where I am there and you'll almost always find me wrenching on someone elses bike or at the very least guiding them to learn to work on thier own. 99% of the time I don't even charge for my labor at the event since it's not business related (though I may be selling stuff there).

Many don't have the luck (good or bad) to hang out with me and the Kansas boys but I am sure we haven't offended too many people (if I did, kiss my tail anyway - lol!).

Sean

I have to add. I have still not tried to make what I do for the Vmax (and other bikes) as a living. I love these bikes and want to help others learn to love them too. I try to make a little just to justify my time I have to spend away from the family but it's by no means making me rich (or even paying what I would make spending the same time at the day job).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to turn this thread into something else just letting everyone know what I am about. Go to an event sometime where I am there and you'll almost always find me wrenching on someone elses bike or at the very least guiding them to learn to work on thier own. 99% of the time I don't even charge for my labor at the event since it's not business related (though I may be selling stuff there).

Many don't have the luck (good or bad) to hang out with me and the Kansas boys but I am sure we haven't offended too many people (if I did, kiss my tail anyway - lol!).

Sean

Well said Sean. I for one was impressed with your help and knowledge to many Vmax owners in Topeka. Already looking forward to next year.

I also had another bike there we adapted some large stainless mufflers on. The sound of those is incredible! Again, they debued in Topeka. Anyone remember either one?

Sean

I don't remember seeing or hearing this one? What were the dyno numbers?

124 and 82 I think. Have to verify with Kent. May have been higher. It was the maroon bike with all black chrome. Extremely deep tone.

Sean

Ah, gotcha, Sean. If you spent more time on producing Max stuff, you may well make less $, as it could begin to interfere with the day job. Makes sense.

I remember that setup...sounded insane! Deepest tone ever...lol

I completely back Sean's version of those events...lol... He runs around every year like a chicken with his head cut off. Fun to watch but I bet he is pooped after! To all of those that haven't been to the Topeka event you should really try and make it. I will be there again next year... Hoping for 133... :rofl_200:

Frank

I remember them too, and they were deeeeep. I think Sean said they were made for small cars, like the civic, had like a 3.5" opening. I thought he said $130 per can, but I may be way off on that. I found a pic!

Attachments

• bigcans2.jpg
    bigcans2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 49
Fuck, I remember that bike now! Sean, could they be made to work my my Mark's headers?

That's the one - you can see the black chrome glowing! I am sure it can be done pretty easily. It's a large diameter can which I beleive is what makes it so deep. I custom made that set so I would likely need to get your set here too. Maybe a good winter project when you can take them off or have you swing down for a weekend (I am sure we can find someone for you to shack up with - LOL!)

They make them in a variety of inlet and outlet sizes. It was on the shelf at Pep Boys in the fart can isle.

Sean

Was thinking that one could just take their mid-pipe to the local auto parts store and find a fart can to fit. Has to sound wicked with the large volume resonating chamber. Might just do this myself to change things up a bit:biglaugh:

That's the one - you can see the black chrome glowing! I am sure it can be done pretty easily. It's a large diameter can which I beleive is what makes it so deep. I custom made that set so I would likely need to get your set here too. Maybe a good winter project when you can take them off or have you swing down for a weekend (I am sure we can find someone for you to shack up with - LOL!)

They make them in a variety of inlet and outlet sizes. It was on the shelf at Pep Boys in the fart can isle.

Sean

I'll sleep in Kevin's truck.

Back