Holeshot exhaust systems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dale Walker Holeshot 4-2 system which I bought 2nd-hand from Furber 3 years ago. It was mentioned that I have one of Dale's older systems. I checked Dale's website and it mentions that he is now selling his 3rd generation 4-2 exhaust system which he advertises as superior to his "older 4-1 and 4-1-2 systems". Since I know my system is not a 4-1 or 4-1-2 what makes my system an "older" one? Did Dale increase the diameter of his 4-2 header pipes recently or make changes to the cans?

Thanks,

Blaine

I am not sure about the 3rd gen system. The 4-1 was a hindle, the 4-1-2 was the same hindle but with an added muffler "T'd" into the outlet pipe.

Sean

I am not sure about the 3rd gen system. The 4-1 was a hindle, the 4-1-2 was the same hindle but with an added muffler "T'd" into the outlet pipe.

Sean

The 3rd gen system is the 4-2 system (like the config on my bike) according to Dale's website. I may email Dale for clarification on this matter.

Blaine

3rd gen makes it stainless... 2nd gen was steel with ceramic coating...

??? Not sure otherwise...

3rd gen makes it stainless... 2nd gen was steel with ceramic coating...

??? Not sure otherwise...

My Holeshot 4-2 was already bead-blasted when I received it 2nd-hand from Furber. No shiny coating here so I'm guessing it was the steel/ceramic coat set-up.

My main concern is to narrow down my decision over what jets to use. My bike is an '06 running stock needles, K&N air filter, no Y, and 155 mains. Dale recommended the 155's for my bike. However, several folks who have a lot of experience with jetting have told me that 147.5 or 145 mains are the the way to go for my bike/elevation because it has the "older" Holshot pipes.

For the sake of curiosity about how my Holeshot exhaust differs from the gen-3 I am going to cut/paste this to an email and send it to Dale Walker. Will post with his reply.

Blaine

This is all I can dig up for now. Camera cord has gone missing. Pics were taken just before I took them to the ceramic coater this past April.

Thanks for your help.

Blaine

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 65
Looks the same as todays unit's. Just carbon steel instead of SS.

I'd run 155's or 152's and see where that get's you. One spacer on the needles and 3-4 turns out on the idle air screws.

Thank you all very much for your help. Ever get stuck in Oshawa, I have a trailer, some barely-used tools, and a spare bed!

Blaine

Last edited:
Reply from Dale Walker about my system:

"Yes my 4-2 is the latest pipe ive made for the V Max a few years now, and we went to full stainless about 2 years ago on that one also."

"You may have a mild steel header not stainless, but there is no difference in performance as long as its the 4-2"

This confirms what you folks told me. I have the latest design Holeshot system but not the latest material.

Thanks again, all!

Blaine

Last edited:
Back