How long does it take to remove/install carbs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't take offense at an attempt at humor, but I'd suggest slowing down. If you can do it that fast you're getting really good only cuz you're not good and just doing rework. That said, if you're running a race bike and constantly jetting to the conditions, one get pretty fast at it.

If the carbs were off yesterday, it might go faster but prying them off after 12 years can take a few minutes just to round up the right pry bars / screwdrivers !

I hate working on carbs (I hate working period!),

Speaking of hating work, lazy and carbs. I've got a Yamaha Raptor 4 wheeler that was dripping gas for 3 years. The fix was to turn off the petcock when I shut if off. Which is a good idea anyway. I also figured I'd mess something up when I took them off while hoping whatever was stuck in the carb keeping it open would "go away." My plan paid off. This spring it stopped leaking.

Persistence at doing nothing is the key!

My first time took my around 45mins, only thing I'm struggling with is getting g the breather hose back on the airbox properly

My first time took my around 45mins, only thing I'm struggling with is getting g the breather hose back on the airbox properly
Lift the coolant expansion tank up and off to the side. That will make attaching that hose easier.

Back