- How Much $$ For a Paint Job?? -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warp12

Reaction score
Need to paint all body panels, and scoops. Scoops and side panels metallic silver (scoops and airbox cover are made of carbon fiber), and a factory Yamaha color for the rest.

Any ideas on what I should expect to pay?? Looking for nice, not multi-award-winning show quality masterpiece. Oem quality is good enough...

I'm not looking for just this exact color scheme:

PIMP.jpg

Something in a darker purple. I'm thinking the Yamaha color, Nebulous Purple.

For a professional finish with automotive grade products I'd say about $600-$800.

I've painted a handful of bikes and a bunch of helmets and for a single color paint job on a bike $600 is pretty inexpensive (including materials).

I painted this Shadow for a friend for just materials, but as a professional job I wouldn't have touched it for less than $1200.

Did this helmet for $300

Check into having it wrapped in vinyl. Cheaper and if you change your mind for something else, just peel it off and go.

VERY durable and you can customize your "paint" job for very little extra cost. You could probably be looking at $200-300 tops to custom out your fenders and tank cover.

Here is my truck in vinyl.

Now this was $5500 to wrap. But I can only imagine what a paint job like this would have cost? $20,000 ? I ve had cars painted one single color that cost $20,000 ( show cars ) so I can only imagine.

The wrap isn't going to be a show quality paint job. But since the tank and fenders are small, it wouldnt be as noticeable as the huge fenders on the back of my truck where. There where spots I wasn't happy with, but thats life I guess.

Todd

3 Part body set runs $400-$600 depending on paints. Candies are higher. Not all that much more for additional parts. We can even do it on an exchange.

Sean

I talked to my buddy that wraps, he said right around $175 with possibly art work if you wanted something custom printed.

So I was damn close. $200-300 would get you a custom one off design if you wanted crazy, or $175 would get you plain one color.

Big advantage over wraps..... you can have it back in a matter of hours vs all the prep and work that is involved with painting them.

Just an alternative.

Check out Specs Vmax wrapped.

attachment.php

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=13341

I Would do it for $ 400 scoops & side covers included for . I know your scoops & faux cover are new so not tons of prep work. I am sure you could find some one in your area do do it reasonable with out all the shipping cost though.

Those wraps are sweet!

Anybody used the Aqua Dip process before?
That looks pretty cool as well, I don't know how permanent it is though.

We've done the wraps (probably close to 15 years ago). Didn't hold up in very high heat (i'm sure they are better now).

We've also done the dip process which is pretty cool and cheap compared to airbrush work.

I believe the silver Benz is actually the AlsaCorp chrome paint and not a wrap.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I hope to do something in about two weeks, and this gives me something to think about!

I took my Gen II skins to Sean Morley and am satisfied with his painters' job on them. 1/2 the cost of the estimates I got locally here in Missouri at the time.

I follow that Alsa corp through a weekly newsletter and they have some really cool products. I wish I had the setup to apply that chrome paint. It's not much different than a compressor and spray wand but they obviously know just how to apply it. But from what I've seen and when they have specials it might be worth buying whichever finish you like and have it put on by Sean or Captain Kyle or whoever may be interested in doing it. From what I see on their videos it's not really complicated or anything but then again I'm no painter even though I'd like to be cause thats something that really shows a sense of accomplishment when it's done. Just my opinion.

I follow that Alsa corp through a weekly newsletter and they have some really cool products. I wish I had the setup to apply that chrome paint. It's not much different than a compressor and spray wand but they obviously know just how to apply it. But from what I've seen and when they have specials it might be worth buying whichever finish you like and have it put on by Sean or Captain Kyle or whoever may be interested in doing it. From what I see on their videos it's not really complicated or anything but then again I'm no painter even though I'd like to be cause thats something that really shows a sense of accomplishment when it's done. Just my opinion.
Videos can make things look pretty easy they make there Chrystal FX look pretty easy to & its a pain. I know 2 shops that wont do it any more & I wont use it any more except on my own bikes.

Latest posts

Back