How Often Driveshafts Fail...!@?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why were you forced to ride at 110%?
BOMB SQUAD Duty with the heaviest BUlldog that we can find, can cut doors and cars in Half of PULLING CARS and other objects when the made a bArricade

At first I share the bike with two other Volunteers but sadly one of them was not to lucky with Diamante, But the bike was running at least 14hours per day, oil and coolant changes ones a week by very skillful helicopter mechanics
My own bike was a Honda RC 30 that was two times as fast in city driving if not more and four times on a Racetrack, what a freaking melody of perfection, for a production bike..

So far the best bike I ever got to ride, three taps at Sears point racetrack, Napa something now..

On the last lap i did not realize the front tire was Aloft until i drop two gears to enter a hardpin turn

800cc Snowmobil engine and was around 130kilos wet, Made on a BASEMENT (With only a step stair in Minneapolis of all places..

https://patineto.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/n-DQLRX/Competition/Tularis-800cc-2-stroke/

Last edited:
Driveshaft is the weak link on purpose. You can get a heavy duty shaft but it moves the weak spot to the crankcase.
I'm a old fart now so it those not matter...

The bmw have a URATHANE inner Cush drive so the shaft can "Rotate"Flex and isolate the power strokes somehow, they barelly fail, but they are almost 2"wide

Well, actually, BMW motorcycles are probably more prone to drive shaft failures than a Yamaha. Just take a look at the MOA forum. Besides that, they require regular spline maintenance because things get rusty.
I had four R1200GS bikes and, although I never broke a drive shaft, it was a pain to lube the splines and replace the rubber boots. Never read anything about a Yamaha breaking a shaft or requiring periodic maintenance.
By the way, a BMW drive shaft is not even close to 2 inches in diameter, I had them out many times.

I don't know if it is garbage or not because I don't understand most of what he is saying. He did message me on a level an average person can understand when I sent him my fiberglass air scoops.......there is hope.

@Patineto, my suggestion to you would be to post in more common language. I know you can do it.

Last edited:
Back