how to clean a wire harness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashmymax

Reaction score
What would be the best way to clean my wire harness? It's grimy from all the years and I want it to look like new before I reinstall it. I have no idea what would be a safe way to do this. Soap and water? I don't want to just tape and wire loom over the dirt. Thanks again for the input.

contact cleaner and a rag, little patients and should come out nice and clean

does the electrical contact cleaner leave a oily residue or dry up so it does not attract dirt again? thanks for the fast reply i will pick some up on my lunch break.

Thanks guys you deserve an extra beer tonight. If your old lady starts in on ya just tell her about the great advice you gave today and I said you deserve it. Lol

A buddy of mine who does this kind of work on classic and muscle cars uses Simple Green, been doing it for years..................Tom.

I would use the Simple Green as any production tags on the harness will probably disappear w/the strong solvent of contact cleaner.

I usually use Mean Green or grease and wax remover from an auto paint supply house, whichever I have handy at the time - either of them work great.

Mike

Engine degreaser or brake cleaner (ether based spray). Dries off in seconds. Thats what i use to clean the oils stains on my garage floor...

Thanks guys it cleand up nice. Now i have to search the forum for how to route the harness I forgot to take pics before i pulled it.

Back