I forgot my oil filter washer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
should I be worried?

I looked at the old filter and didn't see one, buttoned it all back up, then when I was disposing of the old filter, it showed up.

I know I should open it up and put it in there, I'm just being lazy.

ya i would, with vibration and such could back off i guess:ummm: but its there for a reason either for crush or distance or what ever so just do it man dont wanna see anything ill come out of it just cause of a washer......:bang head:

ah, it's actually there to prevent the spring from eating into the rubber grommet on the filter. And I suppose that after the spring might possibly eat through the rubber, the filter could back off.

ya i would, with vibration and such could back off i guess:ummm: but its there for a reason either for crush or distance or what ever so just do it man dont wanna see anything ill come out of it just cause of a washer......:bang head:

I think the washer you are talking about is the washer that goes between the spring and the filter and if the washer is not there the spring will push the rubber gromet into the filter and it will allow the oil to bypass the filter.

Rhoy

I buy my filters straight from the Yami dealer, old one comes off, now one goes on (with a wipe of oil onto the outer rubber ring)..... WTF are you guys talking about? Now I'm worried? I've not had an issue all summer (4500KM's)???

I buy my filters straight from the Yami dealer, old one comes off, now one goes on (with a wipe of oil onto the outer rubber ring)..... WTF are you guys talking about? Now I'm worried? I've not had an issue all summer (4500KM's)???

in ?96? yama went to a spin on type.. before it was a cartridge. don't worry about it.

i'd put it back on. jack the front of the bike really high up so no oil leaks out if ur worried about that.

NO, all of you guys with spin on filters need to take them off and check for missing springs and washers!

:biglaugh:

*I have the old style cartridge filter

Latest posts

Back