I pulled a silly oops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
Well some times you try,..and you screw up lol.
I ordered some new handle bars from our good friend Sean at MORLEYS MUSCLE " a little plug there"lol:biglaugh:
They were the "Super Bike"ones. I was hoping that they would come back farther than the original ones. My arms are just a little to short , and on a long trip , my upper back gets pulled from over extending my reach. Any ways.... I put the new handle bars on, and they didnt come back any farther .
" disapointment"
I will put them in the vise and tweek them....."bad idea!"
I proudly put them back on.....eeegads! 1 bar was higher than the other. hmmm, back to the Vise ! "bend ,bend, tinker, bend. I put them back on,,,,,,,oh shit, now they are WAY to close together LOL. "loosing confidence fast" Back to the Vise ! Bend, bend....KINK...noooooo.
Put the original handle bars back on....
Go to the bank and get a money order for the handle Bars I got from Sean....
Mail it......
throw brand new "mutilated "handle bars in the garbage!!!

some days your the bug....
and some days your the windshield...lol

that hurts, ive done shit like that.... afterwards you think i shoulda just threw the money out the window on the highway....

Ain't that a bitch. Will need to check and see if I have a bar with more pullback. What you need is to get a genmar bar riser. That will move back and up any bar you install.

Sean

Ain't that a bitch. Will need to check and see if I have a bar with more pullback. What you need is to get a genmar bar riser. That will move back and up any bar you install.

Sean

+1 The Gen-Mar works very well, think Python has them for around $90.

+ 1 on the Gen Mars, I have them on my ZX1100 ( which is for sale) worked great.
Stock bars on the Max--- Just lowered (turned down a bit) Fits me good.
Lew

PS---Bending tube shaped steel is a bitch w/o the proper equip. Don't ask how I know this!!!

Sean
Risers for sure. Dannymax had suggested it to me allready,....should of listended lol.

I tried that crap with the stock exhaust on a Intruder 1400 I had. I was gonna gut them and yadda yadda ended up screwing them up bad had to spend some serious coin for a new exhaust system. This is just one of countless times I cost me money. I feel your pain.
Later
Duke

Back