I think I'm screwed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane_desselle

Reaction score
Was was trying to adjust the af on the vmax I just got when I noticed that the screw on the front right carb is completely stripped out. WTF am i supposed to do now? Is there a chance that i might be able to get it out with an easy out? I hope i don't end up having to buy a new carb bc I can't afford it.

I cut a slot in the top with a tiny needle like bit that came with my handheld dremel.
I just went left and right horizontally on top of the screw making a slot for a standard screwdriver.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll try that. I don't have a dremel but i have a friend that does. yhanks for the advice. I hope i can getbit out. Any idea where i can get a new screw? That screw is pretty deep in that orifice. Was is real hard to get to?

I tried an easeout first on the same screw but it is HELL to get a centered hole drilled. I had another a/f screw and took note of how far to drill down. It is further than you would think and i would suggest the dremel cutting the slot if you have one. Then use a q-tip with a shot of wd40 to clean after you have cut the slot and before you back the screw out.
Good luck.

Maybe I'll try that. I don't have a dremel but i have a friend that does. yhanks for the advice. I hope i can getbit out. Any idea where i can get a new screw? That screw is pretty deep in that orifice. Was is real hard to get to?
dannymax--pm him

I have a special made jig a machinest friend made me that lets me get a bit perfectly centered. I usually start with it & then work to a bigger bit some times they back out sometimes they don't . If they don't I keep working up to a bigger bit until I can get just the head drilled off . It can get a little tricky. if you go to deep you mess up the threads. I have taps for that to but some times your out of luck period if you mess them up.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep everyone posted when i get around to trying it out. Hopefully i won't screw it up worse than it already is.

Latest posts

Back