I'd thought I'd ask first this time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Normally I fight with something for hours and then come here and ask questions, most times I get fast answers and then I am able to fix whatever was giving me problems.

This time I thought I'd come here and ask first and save myself the stress this time......lol

I'm changing out my parts for the chrome I got from Sean and I'm doing the scoops, I just noticed that on the inside of the scoops there are some rubber parts that I have to transfer to the chromed scoops, they have some weird washers holding them on and I would like to know how you guys take them off without ruining them so they can be put back on the chrome scoops.

Here is what they look like,

rubber.jpg

Thanks
Ron

Normally I fight with something for hours and then come here and ask questions, most times I get fast answers and then I am able to fix whatever was giving me problems.

This time I thought I'd come here and ask first and save myself the stress this time......lol

I'm changing out my parts for the chrome I got from Sean and I'm doing the scoops, I just noticed that on the inside of the scoops there are some rubber parts that I have to transfer to the chromed scoops, they have some weird washers holding them on and I would like to know how you guys take them off without ruining them so they can be put back on the chrome scoops.

Here is what they look like,

rubber.jpg

Thanks
Ron

PLEASE WAIT FOR A REAL ANSWER, but I think those are a one time use. You simply pry them off and re-install new ones. You 'should' be able to pick them up at a hardware store.

If your lucky you may be able to reuse the washers. When I reinstalled mine I needed a couple more than I salvaged so I just used a plastic washer that I had to "fit" over the posts and they have worked well for 2 seasons. I used a deep well socket just bigger than the post to push them down into position on the posts.

I'm going to buy some at Lowes, I took one off to compare the size and it broke the teeth inside.

Brian, if you've been reading my post you know I'm not lucky :rofl_200:

Ron

I just left them off the new chrome scoops, no harm, no foul. :)

PS: I also left off the rubber strip.

I just did mine and reused them. I just use a pic to get under them and get them off.

Most of the time they are re-useable though many people leave the rubbers off completely.

Sean

I use linemans pliers to pinch them enough to relax the tabs but not enough to break them. Then squeeze them with the pliers to flatten them again and press them on with the appropriate sized nut driver.

Never broken one, never had to run to the hardware store to buy another one. :punk:

Latest posts

Back