Ignitor box compatibility

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90-07 or I have some of the ignitech's that were group buys available (though I will be higher then the group buy). Dingy may have some of the group buy units left?

Is there an advantage in using the ignitech over the dyna 3000?? I guess what i'am asking is, is the ignitech better than the Dyna 3000 ?? i have a stock motor except for stg.7 and better exaust setup. just curious

The ignitech has more features but the Dyna is probably easier to make quick changes.

Is there an advantage in using the ignitech over the dyna 3000?? I guess what i'am asking is, is the ignitech better than the Dyna 3000 ?? i have a stock motor except for stg.7 and better exaust setup. just curious

The Ignitech has a rev limiter that can be set in 100 rpm increments.

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP’s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard setting (Nitrous applications)

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.

Variable setting for MAP sensor response.

Clutch master cutout time settings, used for clutch bump shifting.

Fuel pump relay output.

The V-Boost can be controlled from the TCI with variable opening settings. V-Boost opening can be gradually opened over a user set rpm range, or it can duplicate stock unit and open fully at any programmed RPM.

Timing advance is fully controllable based on RPM and vacuum.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Screen shot of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do.

Also it has a retard setting that looks like it could be set up to retard timing when a Nitrous system was triggered.

Some screen shots of software attached.

Last picture is of kit contents. Also there will be a CD with info and software on it. Also available is a new interface cable for hookup to a laptop. Not required as TCI will be setup when shipped. It is needed to alter settings in TCI or enable optional features.

Gary

Attachments

• General settings screen.jpg
    General settings screen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 12
  • V-Boost scrren.jpg
    V-Boost scrren.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Power out screen.jpg
    Power out screen.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Ignitech kit.jpg
    Ignitech kit.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 23
The Ignitech has a rev limiter that can be set in 100 rpm increments.

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP?s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard setting (Nitrous applications)

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.

Variable setting for MAP sensor response.

Clutch master cutout time settings, used for clutch bump shifting.

Fuel pump relay output.

The V-Boost can be controlled from the TCI with variable opening settings. V-Boost opening can be gradually opened over a user set rpm range, or it can duplicate stock unit and open fully at any programmed RPM.

Timing advance is fully controllable based on RPM and vacuum.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Screen shot of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do.

Also it has a retard setting that looks like it could be set up to retard timing when a Nitrous system was triggered.

Some screen shots of software attached.

Last picture is of kit contents. Also there will be a CD with info and software on it. Also available is a new interface cable for hookup to a laptop. Not required as TCI will be setup when shipped. It is needed to alter settings in TCI or enable optional features.

Gary

Nice looking set up Gary , as always if you need any connectors let me know :rofl_200:

G

Hey Gary how many times and in how many threads have you posted that info? I pity you my fellow maxxer... LOL
Ignitech is better in everyway possible comparing to Dyna. But like Sean said if you are a regular rider with no aspiration of fiddling with your engine electrics the Dyna is a simpler 8 toggle map unit. My opinion? Ignitech... Works on early and late models and Dyna is now only for late models...

Latest posts

Back