Ill send $20 to the guy with the answer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
$20,Paypal to whoever figures it out.

I need my bike NOW. Im having SERIOUS moto-withdrawls and money seems to get attention fast.While eventually some one will figure it out,I dont wanna wait so im offereing some insentive.

:rulez:I will send $20 via Paypal to the one whos solution solves my issue first.If I fix it on my own (Im pretty resourceful BUT HONEST) I keep the money,but Im serious on this so if youre the one who points me in the right direction you still win.

In order heres my problem and the symptoms:When I turn the key on the lights (all of them working properly)turn on regularly.The carbs DO NOT prime.When I hit the starter button the lights dim but the bike does not turn over and the oil light comes on during the duration of the time that the starter button is pressed.Jumping the starter relay will turn it over just fine but it wont start(due to the lack of spark and fuel)

-About 3 weeks ago my ignition started to go out.(but could be started)
-about 2 weeks ago my new tail section arrived and was installed.
-About 2 weeks and 1 day ago the bike stopped starting no matter how much I played with the bad ignition
-I replaced the starter relay first=so its brand new
-I replaced the ignition 2nd=used but working fine.
-I took out my kill switch and wired the 2 wires directly to eachother
-I checked my kickstand switch and its working properly
-I ran power to the fuel pump and it pumps properly
-I checked ALL the fuses including the mains
-I charged the battery more(new battery,works great so that aint it)

Its basically acting like the kill switch is on...

Any questions let me know...I want her running by tomorrow night.:hourglass:
So if you need $20 start givin me ideas.:confused2:

PM me your phone number or feel free to call me at 3I9-46I-8969.. I'll be in a business supper in a 1/2 hour, but I'll try to answer if I can.

Your relay to kill all power except the starter is aparently working. I'm willing to bet it has to do with a clutch switch/side-stand switch. Another item you might want to check is all your grounds... take the bolts loose, wire brush the terminals, and try it again.

Good luck,

Jeff

Not only is the switch on the side stand there but for your year there is also a small blue capped relay (mounted to the left front main bracket that the CDI box is mounted to). It is accesible with the scoop removed (and maybe main electrical plastic support). Bypass that relay. I don't know if it needs wired open or closed but that is likely the problem.

Sean

Seems interesting that it happened after installing the new tail section. Are you it doesn't tie in with that? :ummm:

I'm going to double guess, 1) the kill switch and the wiring you did or follow its circuit or 2) how about the neutral switch:confused2:

Alright Sean, I found the blue connector...Kick stand sensor huh? I tried bypassing it but I might need you to give me a pointer on how to do it.I got pictures to illustrate.

If I needed to bypass the the kill switch how would I do it??? Connect the 2 wires or is there somthing else I would have to do?

The first pics are confirming that I found the right part you were talking about.

The 3 numbered ones represent what wire combos I tried ON THE PLUG SIDE to try to bypass it. I tried wire loops from plug to plug each way the yellow "wire" is shown.If none of these combos worked can I assume this isnt the problem?

Attachments

• IMGA0406.JPG
    IMGA0406.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGA0407.JPG
    IMGA0407.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGA0408.JPG
    IMGA0408.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 15
  • up down.JPG
    up down.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 14
  • left right.JPG
    left right.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 12
I guess if I had no clue, I would start simplest first. Check all connections for green death, check all grounds, etc.... Hopefully this finds the fault(s) and so far it's free. If not, it's multmeter and shop manual circuit time.

Fuck I hate electrical gremlins :bang head:

Mike

Been on it since 2o'clock with a manual and multimeter...The neutral switch is in perfect operation.Turns on in neutral and off in gear no problem.

-kickstand switch itself works correctly at the connector under the seat.
-Checked all the wiring on the ignition itself and continuity says its all good and up to par

Im wondering if the kill switch is the problem.The switch broke when I tried to check it so I connected both wires on the switch strait to one another,is this how you would bypass the kill switch or does it need to be grounded or somthing?

I don't have a diagram handy but isn't the kill switch a normally open circuit?
By joining it have you just closed it?

Unhook the kill switch wires and give it a try.Jedi has the right idea!!I think you completed the circut so therefore the kill switch is engaged.

Thought the same thing so tried it open,didnt work either way...But Ive tried a few things since reconnecting them so Ill try seperating them again in the morning.Its cold in my garage and Im runnin out of sanity.

So far-
-kill switch open/closed didnt work
-bypassing kick stand didnt work
-bypassing kickstand relay didnt work
-clutch sensor is fine
-neutral switch is working well

However I dont have power to the coils with the key on(wich indicates the kill switch again I believe)

Been thinking about your symptoms and they seem very similar to what Toxic was displaying last week. During all this "re-wiring" etc. did you unhook the connectors to the relay's under the left scoop? Maybe both at the same time? If so I would double check that they are not reversed. Both connectors look identical except the configuration of the wires. Just a thought:confused2:

No clue, but I feel for ya! Electrical problems suck to diagnose, especially with so many safety switches.

Just from a trouble shooting standpoint....are you certain you've looked at everything you did when changing the tail piece?

I agree with you, it doesn't seem likely that's the problem area, but it can't hurt to back up and start from the beginning again.

After all, the tail section is the last area you were working in before the problem showed up.

How about the start button? I once had a very similar problem. I put it in gear rolled it a bit to chg position. Then banged the start switch a few times and it fired up. Not sure which one fixed the problem but seem to help. Otherwise it sounds like a bad ground to me. works with light but not enough to start the bike. Id for peace of mind try another battery also.

Latest posts

Back