I'm getting divorced

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry to hear the news.

I can only think of one suggestion: I don't know you - and I am not assuming you will do this - but IF you have negative feelings, or things to say about the wife - then make it your best effort not to say them in front of the child.

The only reason I say this is because my best friend went through this - and I saw his anger grow as he saw his parents fighting and hate for each other. You son is just that - your son, and his mother will always be his mother. It can be very hard on children, but knowing that both of his parents love him and are being civil about things not working out - that can go a long way.

Be strong and keep your head up.

I don't know whats going to happen , were going to get through the holidays for my sons sake & then talk in january about whats best ! ... I wish I had a chrystal ball !

Well we didn't make it through the holiday's , it sucks but we are done ! ... I cannot live like i have been anymore !... I hate it for my son ! .. I just hope i can find the correct words to explain that I'm not leaving him ! ... I think I'll actually have more " quality time " with him in the future ! ... But it still sucks !

Bummer bud, but like others have said on this thread, maybe its for the best. Reread through some of these posts, theres good inspiration in there. Its always easier to see clearly from the outside in, but Ive been there man, I know how you feel. Its got to get better at some point. Head up!

KP

Well we didn't make it through the holiday's , it sucks but we are done ! ... I cannot live like i have been anymore !... I hate it for my son ! .. I just hope i can find the correct words to explain that I'm not leaving him ! ... I think I'll actually have more " quality time " with him in the future ! ... But it still sucks !

Sorry to hear bout this Tim , try not to beat ya self up over it tho . You cant say you didnt try . You boy will understand eventually probably not now but over time he will realise that both parents and child will be happier in the long run .
You just have to tell him that mum and dad dont get on and we dont want to be making you unhappy etc . Like i said before its the small things in life that matter . Yes it does suck for you but i bet ya anything you wont feel like this for long . :confused2:

I am going to re read all of these posts , thank you everyone for all your replies , please feel free to keep them coming , I'm open for any & all help with this , my 6 year old son is always with me like we are glued together ! ...I see him every morning & I pick him up when I get off of work & bring him home ! .. this is by far the hardest thing I've ever been through ! .. if it wasn't for my son , I would have ran so fast my sneakers would have caught fire , a long time ago !

Try to not let that change Tim... Make sure you are ALWAYS there for him. Even if you despise the ex wife and all that... You HAVE to be there for him. I don't want him to grow up to be some prick like all the other divorced parents kids do because they are spoiled rotten though. Just be the same person.

Chris

Sorry to hear Tim, ya got some good advise from all here though. All I can tell ya is things have a way of working out if you do the right thing. My step daughter has adjusted to this situation in a positive way over the lasat 15 years. Graduating from BU in a couple of months, well adjusted and making the most of life. You'll all get through it.
Steve

Sorry to hear this Tim. I have never been through this myself and I cannot offer any advise other than always be true to your child, honesty and understanding will help him and yourself get through this. My guts hurt thinking about this brother..

You have a lot of caring people on this board, you are not alone.

Chris

Last edited:
the best thing would be to have a good relation with your ex wife, that makes everything easy....
I live that as a son, and was very difficult because my dad disappear for years...so only was my mom and grand fathers...
I know is dificult to have a good relation with your ex...but I think that all have to understand that love some day may not be more there as for the couple, acept that and keep going as more as friends that have something very important , a child.
look forward and you could be very good father, I'm sure of that if you care to write this message.

sorry for my English and to comment of this.

Sebastian

sorry for my English and to comment of this.

Sebastian

Quit apologizing for your English. You're better than half the guys here are! :biglaugh:

Nice comments by the way. You TRULY know what the kid will be going through.

Chris

Quit apologizing for your English. You're better than half the guys here are! :biglaugh:

Nice comments by the way. You TRULY know what the kid will be going through.

Chris

case in point.

"Sorry's" are OK in you are from Canada! It's part of the Canadian dialect or so it seems. :biglaugh:
A true heartfelt "sorry" is ok when required!

Case in point again...

Oh to be a moderator... :eusa_dance: :clapping:

Y'all need a disclaimer at the bottom of your posts like I've got ... it pretty much solves any grammatical, spelling, or typographical error this damned computer can muster.

Back