I'm just sayin...Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfb42

Reaction score
I'm just sayin, I saw my first Gen 2 Vmax in person yesterday at a local gas station filling up. When he pulled away, it sounded like a moped. Glad I have a Gen 1(just wish it was EFI).

Can't believe how a Gen 1 can sound like a cammed V8 and a Gen 2 with 500 more cc sounds like a moped.

:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:
Easy, Gen 2 owners.
Take a deep breath, count to ten, now exhale slowly.....................

Ive seen & heard a few with aftermarket exhaust & sounded pretty damn good to me, not as good as my Q uadzillas though. The gen1 dont sound all that good with stock pipes on ethier IMHO

Your right , I've gone by guys in 135 miles an hour and they said they never heard me coming :)

Ive seen & heard a few with aftermarket exhaust & sounded pretty damn good to me, not as good as my Quadzillas though. The gen1 dont sound all that good with stock pipes on ethier IMHO

Good point indeed.

But (seein as I aint heard a G2 with pipes), How DO they sound?

I Hear they don't sound quite as awesome as G1s. But do not know 1st hand to even have an opinion.

Personally I also do not love the sound of stock G2 tho..(and I spose I also am not in love with the stock G1 either.) ;)

Your right , I've gone by guys in 135 miles an hour and they said they never heard me coming :)

+1 on this, that time I rode with you guys, It scared the F@!#k outa me when you came by (maybe not 135), but I did NOT hear (or see) you comin. I could usually only hear your rear tire screamin but no motor sound, so I knew who was doin the burnouts all the time. ;)

T$

Whew! Had to take several deep breaths and needed to count all the way to 100..........

You'll hear Shala coming with the Tailgunner Jet pipes she has on her "moped".

I, myself, like my "moped" as quiet as I can get it.....considering how far sound travels in this county and how many officers of the law we have out patrolling the same.

I suspect the Gen II you heard was 100% stock and did not have it's CAT removed yet. The sound gets a lot more "unmopedish" with the CAT removed, regardless of which exhaust system is used to replace it.

I'm just sayin, I saw my first Gen 2 Vmax in person yesterday at a local gas station filling up. When he pulled away, it sounded like a moped. Glad I have a Gen 1(just wish it was EFI).

Can't believe how a Gen 1 can sound like a cammed V8 and a Gen 2 with 500 more cc sounds like a moped.

... But I bet the moped goes a little bit faster than the "lawnmower".

Haha. Thanks for all the responses.

The one i saw was a brand new 2014. Didn't look like anything was touched on it yet.

I just thought it was funny to hear the difference between my modified stock exhaust and the stock gen 2 knowing full well I would eat the gen 2s dust.

And every now and again I enjoy a little stirring if the pot all in good fun. Haha

I would trade my gen 1 in a heartbeat for one of those mopeds. Oh well...sometime in the next 10 years I will own one, unless I win the lottery this weekend!

Haha. Thanks for all the responses.

The one i saw was a brand new 2014. Didn't look like anything was touched on it yet.

I just thought it was funny to hear the difference between my modified stock exhaust and the stock gen 2 knowing full well I would eat the gen 2s dust.

And every now and again I enjoy a little stirring if the pot all in good fun. Haha

Can we expect to see you join in the combined Gen 1 and Gen II fun over here at the spring rally in Eureka Springs, AR next year since you are in the St. Louis area? You'll get the chance to hear all sorts of different exhaust combos all on one parking lot if you do.

Better yet, don't wait. Sign on to join us down at Barry Barkers' place for the fall get-to-gether in Bismark, AR on Sept 26th thru the 28th. There should be a decent showing there as well, though maybe not as many as the spring rally in Eureka Springs.

Can we expect to see you join in the combined Gen 1 and Gen II fun over here at the spring rally in Eureka Springs, AR next year since you are in the St. Louis area? You'll get the chance to hear all sorts of different exhaust combos all on one parking lot if you do.

Better yet, don't wait. Sign on to join us down at Barry Barkers' place for the fall get-to-gether in Bismark, AR on Sept 26th thru the 28th. There should be a decent showing there as well, though maybe not as many as the spring rally in Eureka Springs.

When is the eureka springs next year? I would like to make that trip. Bismarck is too soon for where I want to get the bike first and not enough time to talk the wife into it haha

As much as I hate to admit it, the "stealth" mode of the factory pipes on my 2010 moped do serve to help me preserve my license, even if it does sound like a Singer sewing machine. :biglaugh: it IS the polar opposite of the UFO Street Pros on my 85, though. I can stampede dairy cows with those bad boys, but it alerts every LEO for miles when I do. I have a 4/1 UFO thundermax pipe for the 2010, but am waiting until I get back from the Tail to install it. Will video tape it when I do, just for reference. :eusa_dance:

A BONE STOCK Gen 2 sounds a lot better than a BONE STOCK Gen 1 IMO.

Generally speaking a piped Gen 1 sounds better than a piped Gen 2. A Brocks 4-2-1 sounds bad-ass on the Gen 2 but does not quite sound as good as a Gen 1 with a Kerker.

I like the sound of my Hindle 4-2-2......... perfectly happy with it. Never heard a complaint from the people that always end up me behind either. :biglaugh: :eusa_dance:

When is the eureka springs next year? I would like to make that trip. Bismarck is too soon for where I want to get the bike first and not enough time to talk the wife into it haha

The 2015 spring Eureka Springs, AR rally dates have yet to be determined. The 2014 dates were May 30 - June 1st.

:ummm::ummm::ummm: It should only take about 3 minutes to talk your wife into going to ALASKA, much less only going to Bismarck, AR. It's nearly 50 days away. Holy crap! You must be a really, really slow talker. :confused2::confused2::confused2:

Latest posts

Back