Inner Tube Extenders - Here me out!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild8900

Reaction score
I'm going to move to clipon handlebars but I want to mount them above my triple trees. Instead of raking out more cash for a new set of tubes I'm wondering if its worth it or safe enough to just extend them from the top of the tubes by a few inches.

you can easily slide the fork up by an inch with those forks you have, it will give you crisper steering and enough space to fit a set of 43mm clipons

you can easily slide the fork up by an inch with those forks you have, it will give you crisper steering and enough space to fit a set of 43mm clipons

This is what I did when I wished to alter the geometry of the front end a bit. Be careful though how much you slide the fork tubes, so that you do not cause potential mating of your front fender with the radiator. THAT would be bad. If I can find the way to move my windshield forward a bit, I might consider mounting clipons in this fashion myself.

Agreed. Don't go much more then 1" through the triples but that should be enough to get it done. I know I have some of the smaller clip-ons but not the larger ones you are needing.

Thinking I might just cave and buy some longer tubes because I'll eventually increase the rake but for the time being I'll have to just lower it by an inch-ish like suggested.

I am sure I can get you some longer tubes but I wouldn't worry about it myself.

i ... MY TUBES HAVE BEEN SLID UP AN EXACTLY INCH FOR WELL OVER 10,000 MILES , ALL SPEEDS AND CONDITIONS , ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER ! :punk:

Another alternative I just thought about was to have some custom caps made to swap out the stock. We already have some made to convert them to preload adjustable but I don't see why they can't be made to have more body size to them and they could even have a step larger or smaller if needed to get to the desired clamp size.

Another alternative I just thought about was to have some custom caps made to swap out the stock. We already have some made to convert them to preload adjustable but I don't see why they can't be made to have more body size to them and they could even have a step larger or smaller if needed to get to the desired clamp size.

You have mechanically adjustable preload endcaps? 40 or 43mm? How much? (cause I dislike the air adjustable preload)

$120 for the pair. I know I am getting low on them. I am pretty sure I am out of the 40's but can always get more made up!

The vision of right clipon giving in on unscrewed cap at heavy breaking is rather frightening...

Latest posts

Back