Installed drag bars and turn signals from Sean Morley....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Thanks Sean. I look forward to working with you on my side of the business soon.

Sean shipped out a set of black drag bars, I didn't think about it or forgot to mention I wanted to chrome. But I am glad they are black. They look "meaner" I guess if that makes sense.

The mini turn signals also helped clean up the bike. I took my mini screen off and polished up my risers/parts.

Now I have to fabricate a smaller grab bar and figure out how to make the current sissy seat two piece so I can attach it easily when my wife is going to ride.

As it sits now, it kinda looks goofy to me with the sissy seat on it and the drag bars lol.

I have LOADS of stuff to cosmetically due to the bike to bring it up to snuff. Lots of machining and polishing coming up.

I think I am going to start powder coating again also. I ll have to pull out my powder coating setup and get my guys up to snuff on how to operate it so I can start to offer that service possibly.

But anyways...... on to my bike!

Tell me what you think.

Thanks
Todd

IMAG0634.jpg

Before
IMAG0589.jpg

After
IMAG0601.jpg

Note I removed the windscreen and turn signals, but forgot to take the same picture, I ll do that later.

Before

IMAG0605.jpg

After

IMAG0620.jpg

Before

IMAG0604.jpg

After

IMAG0606.jpg

Polished Riser set

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0619.jpg

Thanks
Todd

Looks good Todd. I run drag bars with the sissy bar and actually doesn't look that bad to me especially with the fly screen. Sure does come in handy for my work bag and mamma when she wants to ride.
Mike

I am going to be making a sissy seat that is two piece and a two piece grab bar. So those that want to run the sissy seat and grab bar , don't have to sacrifice one for the other.

I have the ideas on paper, soon I ll fabricate up something and then see how it works. I ll post some pictures of it when I am in progress.

Thanks
Todd

IMAG0646.jpg

The latest way it sits. No screen , small turn signals, no mirrors ( probably do bar ends ) and still have to machine bar ends for the time being.

Thanks
Todd

Looks good. I put a virago grab bar in place of the backrest. Looks better. I also run the bar end mirrors. Your next step should be to dump the huge tail light assembly. Like your fabbed stuff, different than what anyone else offers.

Attachments

• Vmax Ixil 1.jpg
    Vmax Ixil 1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 34
Looking Good Todd, black is meaner makes sence to me. I share your taste. Heres a little photo of mine.Had to keep the mirrors on top cause I lane split a lot.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• black bars, mirror's,sheld.jpg
    black bars, mirror's,sheld.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
Yep, I like the black look too. Some Yamaha model uses a black speedo housing, not sure if the VMax ever did. I have a stock black housing on mine, I replaced the stock one because the flashed-on plastic 'chrome' was bad.

I have an 07. The speedo housing is black, and so are the risers or whatever you call the bracket that holds the bars, blinkers and speedo.

To polish I went straight to my white wheel and then to my blue wheel. There are a few imperfections, but honestly unless your building a show only none riding bike, your wasting alot of time.

Paint stripped to removed the type I anodizing. Then cleaning and right to the white wheel. Then cleaning and then off to the blue wheel. Then cleaning and hand polish with cotten flannel and installation.

Alot of the polishing detail will come from surface speed and type of wheel your using, and how often you'll clean it.

Todd

Had to keep the mirrors on top cause I lane split a lot.:biglaugh:
+1. As much as I would love to get bar end mirrors, I lane split quite a bit and cannot have the extra width.

Good job with the bike!:clapping:

Did you make the bar riser yourself or purchased it?
Also, I like the slimmer signal lights, where did you get them?
Are they as visible as the stock lights?

nice....love the drag bar look,need to get one. whats the length of yours? looks a little shorter then stock or is that illusion of the black bar?

Everything is available at Morley Muscle from Sean.

The bars are shorter then stock , if I recall about 2" or so. The signals are visible, as much as stock I would say. Maybe not quite so much in the day time, but at night they are definitely as visible for sure.

Thanks
Todd

Back