Intake boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONTREALMAX

Reaction score
Hello trust what the guys have taught me from this site, they know what they are talking about. If i had listened sooner i would have saved a few gray hairs and scraped knuckles.

Just got through a carb rebuild. If you are working on your carbs please take a very good look at your intake boots (air box and carb to v-boost) you may think they are fine and use the old ones when bolting everything back up. When my new boots arrived i could not believe how much softer and pliable they were, especially the airbox boots. Having new ones made putting it back together a snap. The old ones were very difficult to tighten properly and would end up leaking.
I was going to try and save a few dollars and re-use the old boots, trust me spend the money and replace the old ones, you will be glad that you did. Getting a tight fit is next to impossible for the airbox to carb with the old hard boots. The heat cycling and gas destroys them. My bike is a 96 with 12,000 miles and they were finished.

Hello trust what the guys have taught me from this site, they know what they are talking about. If i had listened sooner i would have saved a few gray hairs and scraped knuckles.

Just got through a carb rebuild. If you are working on your carbs please take a very good look at your intake boots (air box and carb to v-boost) you may think they are fine and use the old ones when bolting everything back up. When my new boots arrived i could not believe how much softer and pliable they were, especially the airbox boots. Having new ones made putting it back together a snap. The old ones were very difficult to tighten properly and would end up leaking.
I was going to try and save a few dollars and re-use the old boots, trust me spend the money and replace the old ones, you will be glad that you did. Getting a tight fit is next to impossible for the airbox to carb with the old hard boots. The heat cycling destroys them. My bike is a 96 with 12,000 miles and they were finished.

MM, What did the boots cost and where did you get them? OEM?

danny

The boots are OEM from local Yam dealer. Airbox and carb to v-boost cost me 180.00$ taxes included. Parts in Canada are a rip off compared to the States. Our dollar is at par with the US greenback but nobody seems to have told the retailers

I found USA pricing here for OEM parts with microfiche to give me an idea of the retail pricing......check out the price for a new OEM crank !!!!

http://www.xtremepowersports.com/

P.S. please feel free to delete this post if the link is considered spam. i did not buy any parts from extreme just thought the link would be handy

The boots are OEM from local Yam dealer. Airbox and carb to v-boost cost me 180.00$ taxes included. Parts in Canada are a rip off compared to the States. Our dollar is at par with the US greenback but nobody seems to have told the retailers

I found USA pricing here for OEM parts with microfiche to give me an idea of the retail pricing......check out the price for a new OEM crank !!!!

http://www.xtremepowersports.com/

P.S. please feel free to delete this post if the link is considered spam. i did not buy any parts from extreme just thought the link would be handy

Pretty expensive, but worth it if it does the trick, thanks.

I have an Xtreme branch near me, if it is to your advantage to have stuff shipped there, I would be happy to pick it up and ship it to you. I kinda doubt that would help you, but you never know. Worth looking into.

danny

that is really nice of you thank you very much. I have a brother-in-law that lives in Plattsburgh New York that I ship stuff to when I cannot find it in Canada at a reasonable cost. it can be a pain to get it across the border with duty and brokerage and all the other anti trade crap in place

that is really nice of you thank you very much. I have a brother-in-law that lives in Plattsburgh New York that I ship stuff to when I cannot find it in Canada at a reasonable cost. it can be a pain to get it across the border with duty and brokerage and all the other anti trade crap in place

I lived about an hour west of P'burgh in the Adirondacks for many years and we dealt with the border crossing woes a lot. The Canadian govt. is real fussy about their duty $'s, no doubt about that!

I know of a couple unmanned border crossings if you're interested. :biglaugh: Just remember to do a bunch of donuts at the crossroads to confuse the sensors before you run it, well, that's what I've heard anyway!! :rofl_200:

Had a friend who ran an unmanned border crossing at 3am few years back....trust me don't do it.....unless you are into late night prostate exams by someone named lou:10_6_8:

Latest posts

Back