intiminators

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Maxcruiser you said you used your progressive springs. I talked to them they told me to use old original springs and to cut 3/4 of inch off spacer. I took out my progressive to try this. Thinking of putting progressive springs back in to try again. I also have the 1 inch lowering spring in mine too.

I ordered my iniminators this morning. I will be using them with my stock front springs for now as recommended by ricor, what I am wandering is this. I want to lower the front end 2" eventually, is there a way to do this with the stock springs or will i need to go with say race tech lowering springs? hopefully soon to follow will be some 430 rear shocks from morley!

Richard

Last edited:
I just took mine back out tonight Didn't like them. Felt like it had a rougher ride than before. Went back to progressive springs, 1 inch lowering spring and used 7w oil. Put 20 oz in each fork. Calls for 20.9 oz. Feels about where I want now.

Mike's description sounds like it would really really help my ride.. Have they made them for the skinnier forks yet?

Is the offer of a free pair for the first skinny forks to be sent in still in place?

Mike's description sounds like it would really really help my ride.. Have they made them for the skinnier forks yet?

Is the offer of a free pair for the first skinny forks to be sent in still in place?

Hey G, sorry to say, but the free offer or the skinny forks is gone, but they have the 50% offer now for the 40mm forks - still very happy with the ricor's too

Mike

I might just have to go for those. At $149 if they help as much as they say it will be amazing and a great deal - my front end has always felt so weird and sensitive to every little bump, line change and other minor surface changes it's driving me crazy!

Mine were delivered last night. The wifey is leaving town with the kids today, maybe I will get them installed tonight. I can't wait :clapping:

After finally getting my intiminators installed and the monsoon rains let up for a few hours I was able to take the bike for a short ride. Like Maxcruiser said I could immediately tell the front end was different, so much so to the point that I turned around and double checked everything to make sure everything was tight and ok, all was good. The front end feels more solid, I dont get that jarring effect anymore over bumps, bike seems to hold its line better around corners. No more pogo stick feeling. For $150 it was well worth it. In the future I will still upgrade my front springs to racetech with a internal lowering block. Overall a gread mod with a noticeable improvement!

Old set up:
bone stock

New set up:
bone stock with ricor intiminators
5w amsoil fork oil, 20oz per fork tube

Richard

Working on my Intiminator and Progressive lowering kit installation. I am lowering the front 2" as well as using the Progressive spring rather than the stocker. I am unsure about the preload spacer length. I have read that you want the preload spacer to be even or just slightly above the fork tube. I am holding the fork tube off the ground with everything installed so it is fully extended. Is this when the preload spacer should be even with the top of the tube, or am I doing this incorrectly? I used the directions supplied by Progressive, but the bike felt like it had no front suspension at all, very harsh. I measured the front sag and it was 1.306". I am guessing the set up willl be a little different with the Intiminators installed.

Working on my Intiminator and Progressive lowering kit installation. I am lowering the front 2" as well as using the Progressive spring rather than the stocker. I am unsure about the preload spacer length. I have read that you want the preload spacer to be even or just slightly above the fork tube. I am holding the fork tube off the ground with everything installed so it is fully extended. Is this when the preload spacer should be even with the top of the tube, or am I doing this incorrectly? I used the directions supplied by Progressive, but the bike felt like it had no front suspension at all, very harsh. I measured the front sag and it was 1.306". I am guessing the set up willl be a little different with the Intiminators installed.

The spacers should be just about even with the top of the tube....that'll be about 1.25" of preload. This gives me a sag of bout 1.375 ". I have 1.5" lowering blocks and progress. springs. Since you have 2" you'll need a little less sag.
What oil and height did you use?
With 5wt Amsoil at 5.5" I found it harsh. (Progressive says to use no more than 5.5") . Lowered it to 5.75" and much better. I considered leaving the oil and just try the stock springs but I'm happy with it now. I was surprised at the difference .25" oil made.

Dale #2592

I am using 5w Bel Ray and used 20 ounces per fork. Would I take the measurement of the fork oil level with everything out of the tube and fully extended with the lowering springs installed?

I am using 5w Bel Ray and used 20 ounces per fork. Would I take the measurement of the fork oil level with everything out of the tube and fully extended with the lowering springs installed?

The measurement is taken with everything out, except the Intiminators, and the fork totally compressed.

Hmmmm, this sounds like an interesting mod. I'm currently running Race Tech .95 springs with 20 weight oil and about 1 " of preload. Tubes are dropped 1" in the tree. I still get alot of dive under heavy breaking, but sag #'s are right on the money and the bike flies around the twisties. I wonder why RICOR wants only 5 Weight oil to be used? Has anyone else done a comparo against Gold Valve setup?

Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

Hmmmm, this sounds like an interesting mod. I'm currently running Race Tech .95 springs with 20 weight oil and about 1 " of preload. Tubes are dropped 1" in the tree. I still get alot of dive under heavy breaking, but sag #'s are right on the money and the bike flies around the twisties. I wonder why RICOR wants only 5 Weight oil to be used? Has anyone else done a comparo against Gold Valve setup?

Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

The 5w oil is in order to negate the stock damper tube, with other set-ups you need to drill out the damper tube holes to "bypass" them... RICOR makes use of the thinner oil to easily pass the stock holes while engaging the Intiminator unit

Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

I'm surprised that you would be getting that much brake dive with the 20w oil. You would think that with setup it would be as stiff as I am after a Victoria Secret TV ad.

Someone on here replaced his emulators with the Intiminators and seemed to like it. If you already have the emulators I would replace them with the Intiminators.

Back