Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxintruder

Reaction score
Hi Folks....my 1st post...having had a forced break from biking due to bad health I bought a "Taylormade" 01 vmax couple years back. Thought long and hard about what I wanted having had almost every bike out there over the years except a v max. I have 2 old v twins in garage for restoration but a heart bypass in 2009 has left walking extremely difficult and lifting engines etc etc a big "no no". Anyhooo decided on the max and was very happy(there was a fortune spent) around a very clean donor.However,the builder although building a stunning bike did not go about things my way...work from the engine out.now when I have had time to pull things apart I can see that this bike was only rode to shows and routine maintenance probably involved a quick shine(we have all met them, guys with more money than sense)....many years ago I was a long 81 member and used to stripping bikes sometimes at roadside in pouring rain.....anyone remember the "bonnie" holing a piston...Sory for long intro...will get pics uploaded soon...the max is a little sick with vboost workin but not cycling at switch on,I have ordered a sensor to see if this will cure it....I have also just removed airbox and put in 4xfilters and 1 small one for the breather....goes like a hellcat but after pottering around town one has to drop a couple of gears and pile it on to clear the carbs......I know, I know,.....should have re-jetted but finances bad so have to make do. I have kept all original bits to revert to in cold weather....plugs indicate bike running very rich which is why I went down the extra filters route....the max is a world away from what I'm used to so I will be relying on you guys for help!!....living in n.ire can't find any decent shop that even knows anything v-max.....I normally never went near a shop for work but as I said a heart bypass at 48 has left me very restricted and sadly even the weather now dictates any riding....enough excuses.....get er up on the back wheel!!!......looking forward to the banter and I will hunt out any spares...I have a garage wi bits goin back to??....sad ol git!!....anyhoo I will be pestering you guys for help......a true Taylormade looks beautiful but my prob is my head still tells me I'm 18 ....RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT....and all that....sorry officer, my hand cramped...honest?....glad to have been accepted to forum and look forward to hearing from you all.....MASSIVE VMAX RESPECTS..."h"

Welcome to the forum!
There are over twenty members listed as living in Ireland, not all specifying their home town. Some are active, many have never posted - they may no longer be members, or are only using the forum for research.
In any event, click on the "MEMBERS" link at the top of the page, then members search, then advanced search. Type in Ireland in the location, then search. If you want to touch base, send member(s) a Personal Message.
Good luck hooking up with other Max owners!
Cheers

Welcome to the forum....and 1 question...was it running rich before....or AFTER the pod filters?

Swapping to pod filters without putting in air correctors will make you go super rich, because your now pulling too much air and the bike wont run too well either.

Welcome! Youll find a wealth of info here and some damn good people as well. To veer off topic just a tad, living in ireland, have you ever gone to the isle of man tt races?

Welcome to the asylum. Be careful with that ticker - the Vmax can be hard on a heart rate when it causes so much adrenalin to pump.

Welcome, this forum will become addictive when the mod monkey comes a calling. A wealth of knowledge and information you cant find anywhere else on the vmax.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

You're < 50 miles NE of where my family is from, the Republic, welcome, and post your questions, we like problems to solve.

Back