Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Uncle Fester and I just acquired a 1985 Yamaha VMAX. I have big plans for this bike as I've already acquired a Vetter fairing with lowers and hard bags. The fairing and hard bags are off of an old Yamaha xs 1100. I'm going to paint match the fairing and hard bags to the bike. I think it will be a very unique looking bike when I'm done. I'll try and take a lot of pictures of the process and hope if I run into any trouble I can get the information I need from the fine people on this forum.

Welcome sir. Plenty of people have done bags and even large fairings/screens. Fat Max even used to sell them years ago. To each their own but to me it's sort of like putting a luggage rack on the roof of a Camaro/Mustang. Sure, it can help with taking more stuff with you but it's not exactly a sexy look for a hot rod lol.

Welcome sir. Plenty of people have done bags and even large fairings/screens. Fat Max even used to sell them years ago. To each their own but to me it's sort of like putting a luggage rack on the roof of a Camaro/Mustang. Sure, it can help with taking more stuff with you but it's not exactly a sexy look for a hot rod lol.
I know the bike is more of a hot rod than a cruiser but I think it would be bad ass to see this fairing and bags on it. Kind of like the KZ1000 from the first Mad Max movie.

Also their are guys running around with luggage racks on top of Bugattis and Lamborghinis. So it can't be that far fetched right? I don't I've always been a fan of the strange or odd so it might just be me.

I know the bike is more of a hot rod than a cruiser but I think it would be bad ass to see this fairing and bags on it. Kind of like the KZ1000 from the first Mad Max movie.
1697322405994-png.91505

Attachments

• 1697322405994.png
    1697322405994.png
    743.4 KB · Views: 110
Must've been cold. I'd want the split-mittens, 2/2 fingers, so you could hold onto the end of the handlebar and with the pointer and forefinger, use those for braking. There are mittens affixed to the handlebars, you'd reach in and have the controls in your hands.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...zbUAR1gSQH_EAQYBSABEgJl6fD_BwE&sku_id=1764512
1697479406803.png

Goose was the one w/a full-fairing bike who was in the hospital in Mad Max, and who died. "That thing in there, that's not Goose!" said Mel Gibson. Then the charred hand of the patient falls-out of the oxygen tent surrounding Goose's hospital gurney (stretcher).

At the end of filming the first movie, the production company was offered the bikes to be bought dirt-cheap, but money was tight, and they declined.

Last edited:
A 'Goose' MFP Replica!

8200 rpm, 120 mph as the tach & speedo show.

1697847376879.png

Before this:

1697847496369.png

What puts Goose into the boneyard.

1697847746445.png

Last edited:
Welcome! Why didn't you just buy a Yamaha Venture? Almost the same engine as a Vmax and has all the touring items you want to add and probably more comfortable on long stretches.

Welcome! Why didn't you just buy a Yamaha Venture? Almost the same engine as a Vmax and has all the touring items you want to add and probably more comfortable on long stretches.
The Venture isn't as powerful. I have a Suzuki M109 for longer trips. I just want to build something unique out of an already special machine. I know some of the things I would like to do will most likely piss off the VMax purists and that okay for me. I love the bike and want to make it my own.

Hey, it's your bike and you modify as you see fit. I do the same and really don't worry about if somebody else likes it, I just make sure it's reversable when the time comes to sell.

Hey, it's your bike and you modify as you see fit. I do the same and really don't worry about if somebody else likes it, I just make sure it's reversable when the time comes to sell.
I will definitely make sure of that. I've made mistakes in the past on other bikes with frame modifications or other nonreversable things thinking I would ride that bike forever and then running the hell out of it and regretting it later.

Back