Ipod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetta58

Reaction score
Has anyone installed small speakers behind the wind screen and an adapter to plug an ipod in to? Thanks.

Thanks. Ive found a few sights where you wire in a amp. that runs two 2 1/2" speakers an keeps your Ipod charged for around $400.00. Dont want to spend that much so I,m going to see what I can maybe piece together. Let me know if anyone ha sany ideas.

you mite want to install helmet speakers if you use a full face helmet, other than that if your bike is anything like mine you won't hear nothing u put unless u r stoped, or going 20 mph.

The iPod doesn't have enough wattage to make them loud enough to hear.

You'll want to get a set of the powered speakers to mount there.

http://www.macmall.com/p/iHome-Speakers/product~dpno~7746772~pdp.fdahhij

These are AMAZINGLY loud.

Chris

I have an IPOD TOUCH which seems to crank up my earbuds quote loud that I cant go more than 60%. I havent ridden with it on my vmax yet since I just got it, but its my intentions to do so. I right now use noise cancelling earbuds that worked just fine with my old walkman on my vmax. I have wired small speakers into my Shoei shell. I took some headphones and broke them open to use the speakers and wiring. They worked perfectly for me. I havent given much thought for my new setup being now I use the HJC flip up helmets. I will post once I figure this one out. If my earbuds work fine, I will just stick with them since I dont have to tear down the helmet to fit speakers.

I have an IPOD TOUCH which seems to crank up my earbuds quote loud that I cant go more than 60%. I havent ridden with it on my vmax yet since I just got it, but its my intentions to do so. I right now use noise cancelling earbuds that worked just fine with my old walkman on my vmax. I have wired small speakers into my Shoei shell. I took some headphones and broke them open to use the speakers and wiring. They worked perfectly for me. I havent given much thought for my new setup being now I use the HJC flip up helmets. I will post once I figure this one out. If my earbuds work fine, I will just stick with them since I dont have to tear down the helmet to fit speakers.

I have speakers in my helmet for my GPS which also plays MP3's and all I can say is that it's louder than crap with my ear plugs in, whereas my iPhone I can't even hear without the ear plugs. My earbuds are the same way... Loud as crap. They're also VERY small.

Chris

I dont usually wear a helmet so I,m wanting something with speakers mounted on handle bars. Only wear helmet when cold out or night. Thanks

some amplified computer speakers run on 12vdc. Maybe you can rig something up with that type of thing.

I dont usually wear a helmet so I,m wanting something with speakers mounted on handle bars. Only wear helmet when cold out or night. Thanks

There is a pretty good selection here. I've never tried them so I can't tell you the quality of them though.

Back